Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darrin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2005, 10:00 AM
    Nikki carb adjustments
    Does anyone know how to adjust a Nikki carb on a kohler command ohv engine? I can't find any screws for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine will only run at full choke. I have ajusted the govenor.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2005, 12:09 PM
    Ahh, nikki carbs... well if it has no adjustment screws... you'll have to take it back off and make sure she's cleaned out good, these carbs never work right... should be though on newer ones, a set high speed, and a barely adjustable idle. Should be one on top of the carb, one on the bottom on the fuel bowl though if its older. Anyway, 1.5 turns out from going in snug, then fine tune when warmed up is the usual adjustements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low carb diet [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I've been preparing to go on a low carb diet;but most of the recipes I find that need a flour are calling for all kinds of nut flours eg;almond etc. I'm ALLERGIC to NUTS! Is there any alternative?Got to get off the refined white flour. Thanks Robin

No fuel in carb bowl [ 3 Answers ]

I recently obtained a briggs and stratton 20hp riding mower that won't run. Free of course. The original owner said it quit running one day while cutting the yard. I took the carb apart and cleaned it. It was reinstalled and an attempt was made to crank it. When it did not crank, I squirted gas in...

Price adjustments [ 2 Answers ]

When most industries adjust to offer low priced products and offer low wages, some industries that produce pricey products find their market demand dwindling and their bottom-line shrinking. Is this true?

Snowblower Carb Problem? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have a small Murray Ultra 5 HP, 22" snowblower. I have been a bad boy and have not taken care of it very well, no fuel stabilizer over summer, etc. The problem now, after about 3 years, is that when start, engine does not run smoothly, and will die under load. Also, looks like is firing at...

Business Tax - Tax to Book adjustments [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My C Corp company is completing the 1120 and I am working on the book to tax differences, specifically the unpaid accrual 75 days after year end. My accountant has recorded a few activities to the accrual ledger accounts which I believe should NOT be considered as a tax adjustment. ...

View more questions Search