Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sassy_55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Intimate conversation?
    My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate behavior. He got mad when one of his kids pointed out that she was up to no good. He had a similar relationship, many years ago, and he was sleeping with her. He claims he hates talking on the phone and won't hardly talk if it is me or his kids or anyone else, with rare exceptions. I asked him if he was talking to his girlfriend tonight because he had talked to her for a very long time, getting to know her better. He was sarcastic and said "that's what some people think." I really am not a jealous person, but he has taken this too far. Am I right to feel this is not appropriate behavior? We have been married over 30 years. Does anyone have any suggestion how to handle this situation? I know if I were doing the same thing he would hit the ceiling.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Next time, you take the phone away from him and hang it up, sounds about right to me. Basically tell him NO, and I would start thinking about being jealous.
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Sep 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
    My boyfriend was talking to a girl that he works with on a daily basis and now he lives with her. He left me after 7 years together to be with someone he only knew for a few weeks. I wasn't a jealous person either. Maybe I should've been.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_55
    my husband starting talking to a woman -- started out business. she used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. i feel like this is inappropriate behavior..
    I agree , very inappropriate

he got mad when one of his kids pointed out that she was up to no good. he had a similar relationship, many years ago, and he was sleeping with her.
    So he has cheated on you before?

he claims he hates talking on the phone and won't hardly talk if it is me or his kids or anyone else, with rare exceptions. i asked him if he was talking to his girlfriend tonight because he had talked to her for a very long time, getting to know her better. he was sarcastic and said "that's what some people think.".
    He sounds very arrogant about it , does he know how it makes you feel or the fact that this really bothers you?

i really am not a jealous person, but he has taken this too far. am i right to feel this is not appropriate behavior? we have been married over 30 years. does anyone have any suggestion how to handle this situation? i know if i were doing the same thing he would hit the ceiling.
    He certainly has , and I think you have every right to feel peed off. I would suggest you let him know very strenuosly that this is unacceptable behaviour and to not speak so much to this woman. Hopefully it's not too late!
    sfgiantsfan916 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
    If it bothers you he wouldn't do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Were intimate, then I said lets be friends BUT its not what I want [ 5 Answers ]

I have been talking to this guy for a few months. He is nothing like anyone I have ever met before. He's respectful, didn't always try to jump me when we were together. Just an all around good guy that I actually was in to. So a few weeks ago we started some pretty intense foreplay. The other day I...

Simple conversation [ 5 Answers ]

I SUCK AT IT! Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did...

Conversation I Had Recently: [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting with a woman at my job the other day... We're bsing about this and that when for some reason she changes her mind over a trivial matter. We laugh and she says, out of the blue, "This is how you know a woman's mind is never dirty." "How's that?" I ask. "Because we change it...

Girlfriend no longer wants to be intimate [ 3 Answers ]

6 months, all good, very intimate, great relationship, great friends, good love making. However, girlfriend has recently gone through some exams. She started to become stressed, which on the occasional time earlier, she had showed. The exams are over, results are good. She has a good job,...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search