Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelinafurcoat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2005, 06:37 AM
    Liable for unknown debts?
    I am in the process of filing for divorce. I recently found out that my spouse took out a loan for a four-wheeler and a consolidation loan for our credit cards. I was never notified by the lenders that my husband had been granted these loans. Am I still liable for paying half of them.
    Angel - Wisconsin, USA
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2005, 04:21 PM
    Loan
    You cannot be held accountable if you did not sign the loan documents. Ask to see the loan documents, to make sure your name is not on them, if they are, than claim forgey an dispute them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liable for the debts of a deceased husband? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband, John, just passed away from a stroke few weeks ago. Aged 73. I am now trying to live my life with only one annuity that he purchased for me few years back. One of his credit cards has balance of $7,000 owed. Am I liable for it? Will annuity go into his estate? Thank you for your...

Old Debts are they valid? [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article listed on the link below; http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ManageDebt/ZombieDebtIsHardToKill.aspx Everyone needs to understand how some debt collectors will buy old debts and they will try to get those people to reaffirm them. Understand one thing,...

Liable for debt of deceased mother [ 7 Answers ]

My mother has recently passed away, leaving an outstanding loan. The bank have said that my brothers and I must pay the balance of £4700. However, there is no money in my mothers estate and so we would have to pay this ourselves. Are we liable for payment or should the bank write the debt off?

Old Debts [ 5 Answers ]

I was just notified by a collector regarding a debt I incurred in 1996.I have not received any prior notice.This was an Emergency Room bill. I do not keep records past 8 years. I have no idea of what if anything I truly owe or paid. Can they come after me after 10 years ?I am in Texas. Susan

Liable for unknown debts? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing for divorce. I recently found out that my spouse took out a loan for a four-wheeler and a consolidation loan for our credit cards. I was never notified by the lenders that my husband had been granted these loans. Am I still liable for paying half of them. Angel -...

View more questions Search