Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Don't give him your personal info!
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your address, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but what's so bad about a Cellphone number?

No way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but it's a general question out of thought xD"
    Melinda65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your adress, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but whats so bad about a Cellphone number?

no way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but its a general question out of thought xD"
    If you don't think he is a creep then cell phone should be good.. and all isn't creep's on the net.. The Man I have been dating for over 2 years now I met him in a chat room and believe me I am soooooooooooo Happy I messaged him.. SO If you feel good about it go for it..

Sep 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Oh haha, I have nothing agiansnt that. My boyfriend that I have been with for almost a year , who I love with all of my heart, I actually met him over Myspace and then later when school started we found out we go in the same school<3.

But I only asked because I always hear people "Never give out your number" But I never saw how a Cell phone was a threat. Cause like my Away message on AIm is my phone number.

Hahaha its ironic how you find love in the weirdest place eh?

Ty for answer though.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Sep 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Okay, so.

I understand why tis bad to give out your adress, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but whats so bad about a Cellphone number?

no way you can track me with that.

Right ?

::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but its a general question out of thought xD"
    There is a company that sell cellphone information,including address attached to the phone

Sep 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Then ill make a mental note to myself not to join that service
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Sep 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
    That not it... if he have the number, he could find out who own the phone and where its bill is send to
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
    The police can track a cell phone, so can someone who would do that for ill means.

Sep 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhhh I seeeeee. Yea I remember that. I wish Cell phones can track down a blacked number.
    I hate when someone calls me on a blocked number and if I don't pick up the phone I never know who it is!
    atmisk Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Some people can trace your personal info for just 20 dollars. There's one site I know through verizon but that's just address and phone number and not sure what else.

Sep 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Yea, that's how I got your number.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Everything is traceable, I wouldn't give out my number just in case... In the uk we have pay and go mobiles... dont know whether you have them there but they are safe to give out as you just buy a chip (and put it into your phone) and you don't have to exchange any information when doing this!
    atmisk Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
    We have those

My parents used to own one back in my old house

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Required to Give Personal Info to Brokerage Firm [ 1 Answers ]

My Mom died and left 100 shares of just one stock. As personal representative of her estate I was told I have to open an estate account before they can split the stock between me and my sister. But some of the things they are asking on the form make me very uncomfortable, such as my net worth,...

Legally what info can you give out. [ 22 Answers ]

I just found out that I got laid off and they are giving me a 3 month package of my same salary. They want me to sign papers saying I won't sue them in order to get the 3 months pay. When a new employer calls for references, will they say I was terminated or what can they legally say?

Landlord is giving out tenant's personal info [ 2 Answers ]

I live upstairs from my landlord and lately her and I have been having disputes. I have now been receiving calls from friends and family of her's that she gave my number to even after I told her not to give out my phone number. Can I sue my landlord for harassment?

Finding info about personal bank account [ 4 Answers ]

Lets say I return an item at a retail store and the refunded money goes directly to my personal bank account/credit card, can the owner or manager of that store legally find out the name of the account holder, going by the account numbers that they have in their computer system for that return?

Do I have to give my info [ 1 Answers ]

I have requested an increase in child support and their father has obtained legal council. I can not afford council because he has not been paying the right amount since 2003. Long story short after we broke up and I filed he did everything in his power to evade paying. Quiting his job, getting...

View more questions Search