Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Computernerd6312 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 05:45 PM
    My Boyfriend lives in a different continent
    My boyfriend lives in a different continent than me (he lives in Venezuela, I live in the U.S.) we met online, which, I know, your probably thinking that he's really some 40 year old pedophile who lives with his mom and gets his kicks out of fooling around with teenage girls, but I talk with Willy on live video chats all the time. We've never met in person before, and sometimes it can be so hard; he's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Sometimes I don't think about it and it doesn't feel that hard, but of course there are times when we're talking and we would do anything to be together for even one day. I know that eventually we'll be together in person, but how? I don't really have any support over this relationship; my brother freaked out when he thought I was talking to a guy in Venezuela, so I had to lie and tell him he was just a friend from school. As far as my mother knows he's just some guy I talk to online that lives in Venezuela, and my father has no clue about Willy because the way he is, I know he would freak. How am I ever suppose to meet my boyfriend in person if all I have is the acceptance of a few friends?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
    If your both young (how young?) not much you can do about meeting face to face, as it takes mucho dinero!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Itd take a lot of planning and thought, money, time etc
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 05:22 AM
    If you know that already, what's the disagreement about?:confused:
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 28, 2007, 05:29 AM
    What sort of advice do you want from the experts here?

Would you like;
    Practical advice (i.e. How to get there, how to get him to you).
    Relationship advice (i.e. Where to take this relationship and what to gain from it)
    Emotional advice (i.e. How to deal with your feeling / the distance)
    Honest but painful advice (i.e. Do you honestly think this will last) <-- Probably coming from our expert "excon" :D

Our some other form of advice?
    sammie_amber9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 12:57 PM
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I live in America, and months ago I met a guy from Australia on some dodgy website. At first I didn't think it would turn into anything but within weeks we were hitting it off. We talk for hours every day. He never asks about sex, and we always go into deep convorsations when talking. I don't think Ive met a single person in this country who is sweeter.LOL. Hes become everything to me. We skype all the time so I know he is for real, and I would do anything to finally meet him.
    My mother thinks Im crazy, but she knows how it feels to be in love. Some of my friends support us while some just shoot down that we will ever meet. All my family,(except my father) has met him on skype, and my mother likes him. All I have to do now is convince my mother to come with me to Australia one day.. and of course get money. I believe one day we will meet and finally be together. YOU CAN NEVER GIVE UP. No matter what others say you have to follow what's in your heart, and he has to follow his. Maybe give it more time, and honestly ask him about the future once you guys meet or if you considered moving down there. My guy said if I moved down there that he would marry me, and went on about future plans... ect. It made me realize that I can't just give up on him because of what others think. This is about you and only you. Make the decsion that will make your life better. :)
    I really hope this gets to you, and maybe helps you out.
    Good Luck!

-SAMMIE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for someone who lives in Greece [ 3 Answers ]

If there is anyone one on this board that lives in Greece that can help me I would appreciate it. The person I am looking for is male from Kalamata. Last I heard is that he moved to an Island in Greece. He was part of O.Y.K (Hellenic Navy) in the early 90"s His name is George Drolias Send...

So this is how the other half lives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well thanks to Tom's link I've discovered this site and it appears more mature, interesting, and alive. After I figure out how to navigate the boards I'll try and contribute my moderate views when possible. I'm juggling a busy schedule between work and the wife's pregnancy. I just want to give a...

A chance to save lives [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any one knows how to go about gitting grants for horse facilities. My uncles both own two slices of land that are back to back, which together equal a little over 100 acres and there both figuring to sell. I actually keep my arabian horse deablo on my uncle don's farm. I had...

Lives in NJ and works in NJ and in NY, how to tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an employee who lives in NJ and will work from home 4 days a week and then work one day in the office in NY. How do I tax him? I say he should pay both NJ and NY taxes. Accounting is stating no, he is a NY employee because he has a desk and computer in the office in NY, therefore...

What a beagle eats and where it lives [ 1 Answers ]

What do beagles eat and how do they obtain its food? Also what are all the countries territories, states etc. where a beagle can be found, and what type of land which it lives on such as marshy mountains desert etc.

View more questions Search