Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiffany8695 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Consolidating Credit and Buying a Home
    My husband and I are looking to buy our first home. We just met with a lender and checked our credit. I had some problems with credit cards a 8 - 10 months back and decided to consolidate. It has been 4 months now and my credit cards are showing that I have not paid for the last 7 months. What if anything can I do? I have good credit otherwise on student loans and car loans. Will this hinder us from buying a home?
    Mandge2004 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany8695
    My husband and I are looking to buy our first home. We just met with a lender and checked our credit. I had some problems with credit cards a 8 - 10 months back and decided to consolidate. It has been 4 months now and my credit cards are showing that I have not paid for the last 7 months. What if anything can I do? I have good credit otherwise on student loans and car loans. Will this hinder us from buying a home?
    I would get in touch with the credit card company and dispute the charges. If you pull you credit by using Equifax you can dispute the charges through them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Yes indeed you want to have those entries corrected. Once done, then you should have a prety good score to get a decent rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying A Home [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were going to buy a home we did all the paper work and we had applied for a loan for the purchase of this home the closing was also set but the loan wasn't finished going through the process due to us not being able to able to get some paperwork that the loan officer needed, so we...

Buying a home [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have a general idea on how much it costs to have someone show you a house that is for sale?

Buying a home with bad credit [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have made bad choices like, having one parent stay home with the kids, etc. We really want to buy a house and at this point any house will just about do. Our credit is really bad and we have no money to put down. We both have been out of work at one time or another for surgeries...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search