Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xuanmanh Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2005, 11:46 AM
    How to set the music copyright attribute
    My website stream music, It's free for everyone to hear but I want to set the copyright of the song to my site name so that everyone can see it on the media player such as "Copyright http://mysite.com" just like most of the music sites do. And how can I change the existing copyright of a song? Please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2005, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xuanmanh
    My website stream music, It's free for everyone to hear but I want to set the copyright of the song to my site name so that everyone can see it on the media player such as "Copyright http://mysite.com" just like most of the music sites do. And how can I change the existing copyright of a song? Please help
    Who owns the copyright? You can't change the existing copyright of a song, that would be illegal. It could also be illegal to play music that you do not own the copyright to. Unless you have permission to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Date for copyright [ 3 Answers ]

!0 years ago my book was published with a date of copyright by me. Now I am about to self publish with a new title and cover design. I will register it when I get 2 printed copies to send to Washington; however I need to know if the title page should list one or both copyright years. And should it...

Copyright Law Re: Music usage [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about use of music in personal histories. If I shoot video of a family member or other individual performing a copyrighted song (such as Happy Birthday, or a wedding song) do I need to be concerned about getting legal clearance for the use of the music if the final video is only...

Copyright Law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have seen several galleries on the net that are composed of images clearly scanned from newspapers and magazines. How is this not an infringement of copyright laws. :confused: Is it because the site owner makes no financial gain from the images or do they have to get...

Copyright Laws [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in starting a new business copying VHS and 8mm videos to DVD format. My big question, "Is this Legal" or "Is it a copyright violation"? I plan on destroying the original VHS tape once the format change is complete. I would keep written documentation of all destroyed original...

View more questions Search