Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolaa Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
    How to join a union
    My husband has worked in construction - mainly painting for years - but the work is so unstable and no benefits... I work as a designer - no benefits either and we have a child - so at least one of us needs benefits form work.

He wants to join a labor/construciton union but doesn't know how to go about it.
    Where do you start?

Also, when he was younger, he was arressted and has a felony on his record - as you probably know its hard to get a job with a record - do unions ignore these applicants as well?

Thanks
    tuningvelocity Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolaa
    My husband has worked in construction - mainly painting for years - but the work is so unstable and no benefits...i work as a designer - no benefits either and we have a child - so at least one of us needs benefits form work.

he wants to join a labor/construciton union but doesnt know how to go about it.
    Where do you start?

Also, when he was younger, he was arressted and has a felony on his record - as you probably know its hard to get a job with a record - do unions ignore these applicants aswell?

thanks
    I work for a labor union. If your looking to join a union you should call your local unions and ask for the organizing department and tell them that you want to join. Now if a group f workers you go through the same ordeal calling the organizing department and they may make you sign authorization cards that will allow them to bargain a contract w/ your current employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domain join [ 2 Answers ]

How to join domain

Leaking join [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new tap . At one of the joins, it drips - rate around a bucket a day. I have several times used teflon tape, without success. The problem is that I find I have to tighten it quite hard so that the tap is accessible . Is there an alternative to teflon tape and how effective is...

How to join two 3-way switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have a balcony with overhead lights between two 3-way switches. I also have another 3-way switch that operates lights to the stairs. Presently there are two switches side-by-side that operate the balcony lights and the stair lights. Question: Is it possible to join theses two switches...

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

How do I do an Inner join in MySQL? [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone assist?

View more questions Search