Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkayhunt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 07:04 AM
    How to calculate profit margin % for ongoing construction project?
    Hi,

How do I come up with the % of profit margin in a specific month or period of an ongoing construction project that may have revisions along the way? I'm using the cumulative catchup method.

I know the costs, revenue, profits, etc, to date and for total project.

This may be a simple answer but I just can't seem to verify what I'm coming up with.

Also, is there a relationship between the various percentages of the different periods and the total project's adjusted gross margin percentage after revisions? In other words, should they add up or average out to the end estimated gross profit margin percentage?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Profit Margin, ROI, Turnover [ 4 Answers ]

How do I find the ROI, profit margin, and turnover when the following is given: $750,000- invested capital $600,000-sales in one year $96,000- profit in one year

Asssitance in finding (calculate profit margin and net income) [ 1 Answers ]

OK, have an assignment and this might be easy, but we still haven't been taught on everything yet. Here is my question- company net loss (15000 Pounds) on sales of ( 160,000 Pounds), company's margin profit is____ % In $ sales were 400,000, net income in $ was $______ Please help me.. thank...

Profit margin [ 1 Answers ]

Simon Company has $750,000 in invested capital. Sales totaled $600,000 in a year when profits were $96,000. Calculate Simon’s profit margin, turnover, and ROI.

Profit Margin [ 1 Answers ]

I'm stuck on this one: Easter Egg and Poultry Company has $2,000,000 in assets and $1,400,000 of debt. It reports net income of $200,000 A. If the firm has an asset turnover ratio of 2.5 times, what is the profit margin (return on sales). I know to figure profit margin, you take net...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.