Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Lets see, they can be traced back to the Knights Templar who fought in the crusades, gathered great wealth and power, were feared by Kings and the Pope who had them rounded up and executed. But that was a few years back. The group has gone through many significant changes but many people believe that they still have great power. Great power= fear. Read Curlyben's info
    Actually they go back further than that. They stem from builders who were taught the secrets of erecting multi story structures. Since such structures were generally built with stone, they were considered masons. Because they guarded the secrets of building, their society started as a secretive one. And they continue to maintain a degree of secrecy about their inner rites. And it is that secrecy that leads to rumors and fear. But modern day masons are simple people who like to contribute to their community.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:21 AM
    There have been many books written about "exposing" the FreeMasonry as a false religion- check on the writings of Dwight L. Moody, William J. Schnoebelen (http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...y_exposed.htm), Tim Shaw, Jon McKenney and a host of others.
    What is Freemasonry | Freemasonry Exposed | Freemasonry vs. Christianity | Masonic Research Links

Whether every Mason ascribes to all what is supposedly believed in - I doubt it.

From personal experience I can say that without the Shriner's Orthopedic Hospital, my youngest son would have the greatest difficulty getting his left hip operation and the Scottish-Rite Hip Brace that he had to wear for 18 months after the surgery. That was completely done at no charge. I never could have afforded such excellent care via my own means. The brace alone would have cost me well over a thousand dollars. Plus the follow-up therapies.

About the fear - since this a supposedly secret society - people wonder what goes on in the temple and if you are not a member, you cannot get in. I think that is one of tha factors - people condemn what they cannot understand or gain access to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search