Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninelives Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Becoming a CPA with a Criminal Record
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the effects of a criminal record when trying to become a CPA. I currently have 5 charges on my record. I was never convicted of any charges on my record, but they would have been felonys if I was convicted (2 of them). If anyone has any information to share with me that would be great. Thanks a lot.

I would most likely be taking the exam in Arizona.

The charges were:
    Possession of class D with intent to distribute
    Assalt and battery, malicious destruction of property over $250 and intimidating a witness

... hope this helps
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 12:27 AM
    I think that it would depend on the laws where you are wanting to be a CPA. So, it would be helpful if you would post where you are wanting to practice your business so that others could provide the most helpful answers to you.

Just in my opinion, if you have had no convictions, then I don't see what the problem would be. But, whatever you were charged with may make a difference.

That is what I have to offer you right now. Hopefully, others will also come along to offer their opinions.
    t-man Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2007, 09:17 PM
    This a good question... anyone have a clue?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Hello t:

People who are charged but never convicted are just like any other person out there. CHARGES can NOT be used to deny you anything.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Record? [ 5 Answers ]

In Toronto Canada I got the appearance notice and fingerprinted. On first appearance I was told to pay few $ to charity and after two day I was told your charge has been withdrawn/dismissed. Question: 1) Am I convicted? 2) Am I having criminal record? 3) Am I...

Criminal Record? [ 1 Answers ]

In Toronto Canada I got the appearance notice for theft under and cop allow me to go (no arrest), on appearance day my charge was withdrawn and asked me to pay to charity. My question is will I be having criminal record? I am 26 year old.

Criminal Record [ 1 Answers ]

I live in canada, when I was much younger I got caught shoplifting twice, two separate incidences... the first, had no consequences, I was fingerprinted and all the jazz and taken into a room and qeustioned and then I went home and that was the end of it... The second I had to do community...

View more questions Search