Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bashful13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Right side/back pain/spasms
    I have been experiencing severe right side side that continues around to my back. It is fairly constant pain 24/7 but increases when I lie down. If I touch or put any pressure on the area I am in severe pain and starts up a about of spasms. I have been to my doctor several times about this and he keeps telling me it is back pain do to me being overweight and he doesn't see the need to run any tests... just keeps trying different pain, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflamatories to fix it instead. I am worried that it may be Kidney related. I have seen other similar questions on here that relate it back to the gallbladder, however, I had that removed four years ago and this pain has been going on for about 6-8 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Would you be willing to go to a chiropractor?

Sep 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I have tried a chiro and a natropath... neither have provided any releif yet
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Get a second opinion. Is there any position that is comfortable?

Sep 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
    In terms of sleeping I end up sitting up in bed or moving to the couch and sitting there. Throughout the day I am constantly shifting around at my desk.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Does it hurt when you stand? Does it hurt more when you bend over? Does the pain run down the back or side of your leg? How much overweight are you? Can you or the dr. press on the area and cause more pain in various spots?

(I'm not a dr. but have experienced years of back problems and all sorts of doctors.)
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Sep 30, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Bash,
    Go to another doctor and tell him that you feel it may not be back/spine related and that you wish to have tests performed for rule out. Ease your mind if you are able abouy kidney, etc related.. Have a medical doctor tell you there is nothing else wrong and maybe speak with him/her about an anti-anxiety medication. You have suffered along time. Anyone in your shoes would be stressed out if they had that much pain for as long as you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower right back side, accompanied by nausea and fever [ 10 Answers ]

I started feeling a sharp pain in my lower right back/side at 5am this morning that woke me from sleep. I took two advils and fell asleep by 6am. In the morning I felt OK. I showered and went to work. Around mid morning I started feeling the pain again. I started to feel a wave a nausea around...

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Stabbing Right Side Back Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen. also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the...

Lower Left Back and Side Pain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone – I am having some odd symptoms and hope someone can lend some insight or have had similar experiences which they can share. Here’s the details; I have felt weak and sluggish in the past weeks, although feeling better now in that sense I have developed medium to intense level...

Pain in my lower right side of my back [ 4 Answers ]

Im female and I'm experiencing a pain in my lower right side of my back.and I don't think it's a kidney infection because it doesn't hurt when I go toilet.. my back hurts when I move about and it's a bruise type pain that affects me.. I haven injured my back or anything and I haven been playing...

View more questions Search