Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cookie15690 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Replace Heating Element in Kenmore Electric Dryer
    Do I need to take out the drum or take out the inside plate from inside the drum to replace the heating element?

Thanks

Deb
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 01:40 AM
    No
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Maybe someone else will come along with more info for you
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Sep 28, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Try doing an internet search for your particular model of dryer and you should be able to find out how to access the element and replace it. There is one set way to access or replace . If you can't find it post back your model number and we will try to help.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie15690
    Do I need to take out the drum or take out the inside plate from inside the drum to replace the heating element?

Thanks

Deb
    Deb,
    You need to see the sites rules and understand the procedures. The disagree you gave to esquire1 was not justified. The disagree is for inaccurate or inappropriate answers. Not for the answer being given to what was asked. Esquire answered the best anyone could, you asked if you had to remove the drum to replace the heating element and he told you "no" which is 100% accurate. I gave him a "balancer" to cover the "reddy" you give to him.
    MOWERMAN2468
    Lawn and Garden Expert
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Thank you MOWERMAN
    dbyork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1 View Post
    No
    "NO" is not an answer to an "either / or" type of question. It either answers the first half of the question OR the second half. You should read the entire question for an appropriate answer. I have the same question. Do you need to remove the drum OR can the element be removed from inside the drum?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 22, 2009, 11:40 AM

If this is a frigidaire built kenmore, you may have to remove the drum to get to the element.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating element Kenmore 70 series electric dryer [ 6 Answers ]

When I start the dryer the heating element gets hot for about 5 seconds then blows a fuse. The dryer will still cycle, but never get hot again. I replaced the fuses and no luck. When I took the plate off I can see that it is getting hot. There are 5 coils and it appears that the top 3 coils are...

Electric Furnace - heating element [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to convert from my broken boiler furnace to an electric furnace. I have central air and all the vents from that. Can I just buy a heating element and put it into the air handler? If I can, how do I know what size heating element to buy? The search on the internet gave 10 and 15 KW...

Heating Element Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the heating element from the dryer for replacement? I can get to it and there seems to be one or two screws to loosen, but I can't disconnect the electrical connections to the heating element itself.

Replace heating element in a Kenmore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have picture or directions on how to replace the heating element . I am in AZ and the dryer is back home in CA, so I do not have the model , but I can get it if it is needed to answer mymquestion. Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

How to replace heating element in Kenmoore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The heating element on my Kenmoore 86873800 dryer. I have the part but don't know how to replace it. Anyone know how? Thank You!

View more questions Search