Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellie187 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Mobile home.
    If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer.
    Thank you for your help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
    A mobile home has a title ( just like a car) in many states, So there can be a lien on it.

Now was this a worker doing work on the home ? Or is this from a judgement ? Is it a IRS lien, a lien from a company who put air conditioner in home?
    There are so many types of liens, in most places, someone can put a lien on it,

But it will vary greatly by state to state, some states it will be easy, in others it may not even be possible except for maybe the IRS
    ellie187 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    A mobile home has a title ( just like a car) in many states, So there can be a lien on it.

Now was this a worker doing work on the home ? Or is this from a judgement ? Is it a IRS lien, a lien from a company who put air conditioner in home?
    There are so many types of liens, in most places, someone can put a lien on it,

But it will vary greatly by state to state, some states it will be easy, in others it may not even be possible except for maybe the IRS
    The mobile home is in New York and the lien is for a credit card judgement.
    tchomes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Can a lien be placed on a mobile home if an exclusive listing contract has been signed by seller to sell said home. Only to find out that during this time, seller has sold home and wants to cancel contract so that he doesn't have to pay commission. How can we protect ourselves from people like this.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tchomes View Post
    Can a lien be placed on a mobile home if an exclusive listing contract has been signed by seller to sell said home. Only to find out that during this time, seller has sold home and wants to cancel contract so that he doesn't have to pay commission. How can we protect ourselves from people like this.
    This really should be a new thread. Questions and anwers from several years ago only tend to confuse.

Are you the buyer or the seller? If you are the seller, protect yourself by paying the commission. That's what an exclusive listing agreement means: if the home is sold, the realtor does have a right to the commissiion.

I suspect, depending on whichever state or country you are in of course, that a non-consuensual lien like this is invalid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home Repossession [ 6 Answers ]

I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You

Cat under Mobile Home [ 4 Answers ]

There is a cat under our mobile home. We had new skirting put on and somehow she got under there. We can not leave it open or other animals will go under the mobile. What to do to get it out. HELP!

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Mobile home foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a situation where I have to move from my mobile home. I have listed it with a couple of sights, but am probably going to have to just walk away. I have another place lined up already. Doi they garnish wages in MIchigan? I am not sure what the best move is for me here.

Mobile Home Finacing [ 5 Answers ]

I am selling my mobile home and giving a loan to the new buyer. If he doesn’t make his payments, I want to know what document I need to start the Repossession process in California. I assume I give him a formal warning. Is that after 30 days? I find the information on the internet is for the...

View more questions Search