Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sergiog Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Foreclosure, Short Sale, or Bankruptcy
    I bought home about 2 years ago for 570k now price have dropped to 470K or less. I hove no more power to pay for this home. I stop my pyments. What is better for me Foreclosure, Short Sale, or Bankruptcy and how it will be effect for me? I will be need to pay difference ( about 60-70K) between sale price and my debit or no? It is not my fals about dropping price on real estate market.
    LdyOfWsdm7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I am in the same position. I made some inquiries today re: which was best. I learned that with a short sale, or deed in leiu of foreclosure you will have to pay taxes on both of these. Either way you go, it's going to effect your credit score, so I have decided to walk, file bankruptcy, go to a warmer climate, get a nice tropical apartment and enjoy life.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
    The short sale will be a sale, and does not effect your credit like the other two. But the lender will have to agree to a short sale, and I am not sure they will accept one that is 60,000 short.

I have a friend who is trying to settle one that is 4000 short and they are not accepting his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure and Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Foreclosure and Bankruptcy is same same or different and how it influence for owner.

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option?

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?

Bankruptcy and foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

After you file a chpater 7 bk to stop a sale date on a foreclosure how long do you have before you need to move out of property if you don't reistate your loan:(

Bankruptcy or foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a bad situation with my home loan. I am negative equity and have a negative amoritization loan. Each month my I owe more on my loan. I already owe 50,000 more than I bought it for. I can barely afford the payments I am making now and the taxes are killing me. My husband works two jobs...

View more questions Search