Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sergiog Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Foreclosure and Bankruptcy
    Foreclosure and Bankruptcy is same same or different and how it influence for owner.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiog
    Forclosure and Bankruptcy is same same or different and how it influence for owner.
    Foreclosure is when the bank/mortgage company regains ownership of a property because the agreed upon payments have not been kept up to date. The borrower loses the property and if the property cannot be sold for enough to pay the outstanding balance on the loan the borrower may still be held liable for it. It is very damaging to one's credit.

Bankruptcy is when a person declares that the amount of their debts is greater than the amount of their assets and therefore they cannot pay their debts. There are different types of bankruptcy, with different levels of responsibility for the person declaring it. Bankruptcy is also very damaging to one's credit, although the type of bankruptcy you file can make a difference.

Foreclosure deals specifically with one property. Bankruptcy deals with the total financial picture of an individual.

Does that help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

Colorado I was told by a financial adviser that they could not take your home The elderly people have owned their home for 55 years it is paid and now rental property that he is on the mortgage is in trouble do to may factors. I was told on this site they could put a lien on the house I have...

Foreclosure [ 10 Answers ]

Hi: I have an apartment in Miami and I can not make payments anymore, I refinanced it sometime ago to afford making the payments but I run out of money and I have no job or income of any kind. If the bank foreclosure the apartment are they going after me for money if they sell the apartment for...

Bankruptcy and foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

After you file a chpater 7 bk to stop a sale date on a foreclosure how long do you have before you need to move out of property if you don't reistate your loan:(

Home in foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a landlord in Michigan and you evicted the renters for non payment of rent, and your home is in the beginning of foreclosure how long does your tenant legally have before they have to move out of the home.

Bankruptcy or foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a bad situation with my home loan. I am negative equity and have a negative amoritization loan. Each month my I owe more on my loan. I already owe 50,000 more than I bought it for. I can barely afford the payments I am making now and the taxes are killing me. My husband works two jobs...

View more questions Search