Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenagan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 10:00 PM
    Problem in convert the value as Date datatype using Javascript
    Dear,

I'm working on a ASP, Javascript code, where I tried to send one Date value from one popup window to its opener main window.

popup code--------
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function sendvalue()
    {
    window.opener.setValue($date);
    window.close();
    }
    </script>

main Window code------
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function setValue(val)
    {
    window.location='nextPage.asp?da='+val;
    }
    </script>

The problem is, while the value which need to pass being as correct formet (eg: 10/13/2005) when it received by "setValue" Method in main window it converted as like "0.0006234413965087282" this format.

Can you please give a solution to receive the value in again same format?

Thank you..

jena..

Check out some similar questions!

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Javascript [ 1 Answers ]

Does internet explorer support javascript anymore? I sometimes get that question from a site. Thank you. Brenda.

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.