Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutybumbum Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Sep 25, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Hate of being kissed
    I don't feel comfort , when I'm being kissed with other ladies for greeting, how can I avoid of being kiss and also not to be rude to other. (please do not make fun of this), this is really bothering me, the place I'm living most of people kiss each other every time every day,when they say hi, men kiss men , and woman kiss woman, and not reverse. :mad:
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Have you tried shaking hands from a distance ? But if it's a cultural thing I am sure they will pull you over to kiss you in anyhow right?
    Anyway you don't have to look so formal when you do it . U can do it with a frdly smile and rapidly move to the next person in line (if any) or move away "to do something".
    Hope this helps:) we have this also so I know what it's like, especially when you are young they actually tell you mama kiss "x" hello lol so you can't get away from it hehe
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Oct 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Extend your hand before they have a chance to initiate the greeting. If you are somewhere like France, where the double "air kiss" is customary, you will come off as cold and it might be better to just get used to it. It's not a sexual gesture - it's just a greeting. Don't overthink it.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
    You could always pretend to be sick and cough! :) LOL. But seriously, just take the initiative and put your hand out. Or act like you are digging through your bag looking for something. Sometimes you might have to put up with it. Let your friends and co workers know how you feel about it. Maybe they will tell people before they introduce them to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 16 and I've never been kissed [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I've never been kissed. I like to hang out with guys, because I like them more than girls, like as friends. I'm not a slut and I don't sleep around, I just find it easier to get along with guys. Anyway, any guy that I hang out with, that I don't like, always likes me. But when I find a...

Never Been Kissed... [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 17 and believe it or not I have never been kissed. I haven't even been in a relationship. I have never had a boyfriend. It's really depressing because all of my friends are always talking about their boyfriends. I think that I'm attractive. I know that it is partly my fault because it is really...

My girlfriend kissed a girl! [ 18 Answers ]

:eek: I have been with my girlfriend for four years. I am 27 and she is 24. Never in that time has she shown any indications that she wanted to kiss another girl or view other females in a sexual fashion. Also, in 4 years neither of us have cheated and we trust each other completely. She got...

Ex and I kissed,not sure how to feel or how to handle it. [ 6 Answers ]

Short story I took my ex to the movies because she simply wanted to catch up,as I thought I was on the right path and getting over her I had no intentions of anything happening,In fact my eyes were on every other girl then her lol not to be rude but to show that I had no intentions of doing...

Never Kissed [ 15 Answers ]

Im 13 and Ive never kissed or had a boyfriend before. I know Im 2 young but all my friends have and well Im ancious to know what it feels like. I know Im not ugly because Ive gotten compliments about being really pretty before. My problem is that guys only check me out, and when they do like me...

View more questions Search