Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonrud00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 08:01 PM
    Name of exercise
    What is the name of this exercise. I think it is used in football where you start standing up then go to your knees and then to the pushup position. Then you stand up. I'm hoping I explained this correctly. Is it a core exercise or what?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 5, 2005, 01:32 PM
    Sorry dear, have no idea, but you might want to ask some football players, or check an exercise site on the net. Also try 'fitness and health' in the search.

Good Luck. P.S. what particular part of the body are you trying to work on?
    jonrud00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 03:23 PM
    The core muscles like abs quads etc. Thanks for responding.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 5, 2005, 04:57 PM
    You are welcome, sorry I couln't help more. If there is a fitness center near you maybe they know what it's called.
    kg30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 23, 2005, 09:11 AM
    This exercise is great for EVERYTHING! I call it BOPIES (my own term). Legs, abs, upper body are all engaged. Good work for trying them, they are hard and they do suck but they are so good for you. Also try jumping squats (Jump straight up and when you land, you'll land in a squat, then repeat it 10 -12 times, for 3 sets). Just don't do this if you have bad knees. Any plyometric movements where you engage a variety of muscles in 'exploding' movements will help to burn more fat and 'tone up' those soft areas (like our butts and thighs!) Remember recess way back when you were in school, or our kids during recess. A lot of the movements they do are more plymetric (like the frog jumps, hop on on leg, crab walk, etc.) All these I do in my gym during excerise class and believe me they are challenging and you'll see results!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 09:49 AM
    .. or "burpies".

See exrecise # 6 here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark35.htm
    kg30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 23, 2005, 10:00 AM
    Yes BERPIES! That's what I meant. I knew it started with a B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Exercise Motivation [ 3 Answers ]

The doctor said it is critical for me to do aerobic exercise 30 min. 7 days a week. I did exercise regularly when I had appointments with a trainer. At that time, I was working on looking & feeling good because I was soon going to celebrate my 50th birthday. After my birthday, I totally lost the...

Exercise and food [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best exercise to do to lose weight mainly on my tummy? And what food helps this?

How to exercise my PC muscles ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 28 years male married for 6 years... I want to exercise my PC muscles but the problem I can not separate my PC muscles from my anus I tried Kegel but he same problem when I squeeze my PC I squeeze my anus... Are there any other exercises that I can use for this subject maybe in gym or in...

I need help with exercise [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way for me to do sit ups without my back feeling like it's on fire? Or is there another exercise for my abs that doesn't require equiptment?

View more questions Search