Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scampi1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Confused mum
    :) My name is carol hi to you all.
    I want to take my 12 year old daughter out of school because I am fed up and angry that every day I send her into school she comes home with another bullying tale, she has had things stolen from her, she has been beaten up been gossiped about, people verbally abuse her and blame her for things she has not even had anything to do with, the school have been quite helpful but it never stops, text messages, cyber bulling, :confused: it isn't just one child anymore there is a whole nasty family who are well known to the local police. What I need to know is, is it legal to take my daughter out from school and give her the better education and stability from home tutoring, I know she will have one to one tutoring and better dinners at home, please someone advise a very worried mother.

Thanks to you all for letting me moan Carol
    niteowlgirl72 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scampi1
    :) My name is carol hi to you all.
    I want to take my 12 year old daughter out of school because i am fed up and angry that every day i send her into school she comes home with another bullying tale, she has had things stolen from her, she has been beaten up been gossiped about, people verbally abuse her and blame her for things she has not even had anything to do with, the school have been quite helpful but it never stops, txt messages, cyber bulling, :confused: it isnt just one child anymore there is a whole nasty family who are well known to the local police. What I need to know is, is it legal to take my daughter out from school and give her the better education and stability from home tutoring, I know she will have one to one tutoring and better dinners at home, please someone advise a very worried mother.

Thanks to you all for letting me moan Carol

What state do you live in?
    DCTraveler Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 01:22 PM

Carol, it depends on where you live. If you are in the US, then check www.HSLDA.org for the laws in your state. Otherwise, each country has different laws about what is allowed.

The other thing you can look into is if there are any Antibullying Laws where you live. Proving the bullying is going on is difficult, but if you, its worth fighting. My son was in the exact situation you are describing and I pulled him out of public school to homeschool him, he did much better at home, and we tried high school in public again, only for him to get targeted by a girl who bullied him and harassed him. With physical proof in hand, his school refused to act saying it was a teenager thing, so I chose to withdraw him again and homeschool him, so at this point, I would advise you to research what you can for your town or state/country.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I tell my mum? [ 11 Answers ]

OK this is the story... briefly I like a guy We have been getting to know each other for about 8 months (just talking in work, texting, myspace, msn... nothing more) I have decided after a hell of a lot of thought I want to take it further and I know he does too In the past I've said no, as I...

Worried mum [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 yrs old she has been taking the contraception pill called cilest for the past two months,sha has now had a period in the middle of the month and she is still taking the pill could you please tell me if this is normal,

Is my mum OK [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me anything that my mother would like to tell us. We are all missing here dreadfully.

My mum [ 1 Answers ]

My mum was murderd on 15th march 2005 by a man who a very loud man who my mum Took under her roof who she meet in a chat room in leeds centre he seemed to be very Smarmy but other people had different veiws 1 week after mothers day we had a phone Call from my brother he said my mum was dead...

My mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum is taking over my child she thinks because she looks after him I'm not aloud to do things with him she said I have to ask to do stuff and take him out all the time the social knows my mum looks after my child because of my depression what I have had since I gave birth to my son what rights...

View more questions Search