Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Oct 4, 2005, 01:58 PM
    Streaming media
    I am looking to see if there is a free server out there to stream video. Does anyone know of one that is rather easy to use. I have found one for audio but the company does not make one for video I am just wanting this for my own personal use. I would love any help and thanks ahead of time.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Oct 4, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Hello,

We stream video on the Internet, but I have yet to find one that is free. Streaming media, especially video really taxes the servers, so most companies don't wan't to give that away for free.

If you want to go to the next step and pay only a few bucks a month, I would suggest "Streamguys" ( www.streamguys.com ) They have reliable service for very low prices.

Good luck and let us know if you come across any free servers.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2005, 05:37 AM
    Free
    Hi,
    I have not come across any free ones either.
    If you do, please post back with the info.
    Thanks,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media Streaming on Mac G3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to stream video media on this Mac G3 that is running Mac OS 9.2. The computer has video inputs, etc. built into it, so I am trying to take advantage of those features. However, I need to figure out how to broadcast either Real Media Video or Windows Media Video to a...

Streaming video [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Lately, whenever I try to access a video on the internet (like through MSN newcasts) the video and audio come through OK but the video is all washed out and faded almost colorless. This just started happening recently. I'm using a broadband connection for...

Webcam streaming [ 2 Answers ]

I would be grateful if anyone could advise why I cannot get pictures from streaming webcams from a British ISP, Tesco.net. Whenever I try to use their connection the web page loads Java and then the pictures go blank and then everything just hangs. I have to close everything down and restart. If...

Live Web Streaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to setup a LIVE CAM on my intranet.. How would you go about doing this? Thanks! ?

Web Live Streaming [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to setup a LIVE CAM on my intranet.. How would you go about doing this? Thanks! ?

View more questions Search