Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 24, 2007, 11:27 PM
    What to do?
    What sort of exercises/etc should I do to help me get fitter and stronger?
    I don't really exercise at all, or do any sports, and would like to maybe fit some exercise in here and there around my week to help me get a bit fitter, but without taking up too much of my time
    Home stuff prefferable, more convenient.
    I'm 16 by the way, don't know if that matters though.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
    For one thing, I would consciously put a limit as to how much time you spend on the Internet. I have a great problem with that.

If you live in a two-story home, how about spending some time just walking fast up and down the stairs?

Also, there's always the good, old push-ups and sit-ups! Great upper body builder!

Sep 24, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Youch! My internet time :s lolz I know what you mean clough, I do spend quite a bit, at least my dad/lil bro also wanting to use computer limits it a bit.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Also, are you interested in working out the upper body, lower body, or both?

Sep 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
    Mostly just getting fitter in general, so both.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Then you would want high impact aerobics. Not just dancing around, LOL, but something that makes you heart pump as well as increasing your breathing.

Like Clough suggested, climbing up and down the stairs... Step aerobics... fast-paced walking, etc.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
    cal823 youch! My internet time :s lolz I know what you mean clough, I do spend quite a bit, at least my dad/lil bro also wanting to use computer limits it a bit.
    I find that a lot of times I have to ask myself, "Is this in control of me? Or, am I in control of it?"

For me, I love being on this site as well as the Internet in general. Truth be told though, aside from the times that I am placing my ads on the Internet and doing work on documents on the computer, this isn't making me any money. But, I don't watch any t.v. at all. So, maybe there is some kind of balancing act here. We all need to relax. I'm sure that being on here helps to fill that void. If I am practicing a musical instrument, I am in essence, working. I do it for pleasure sometimes. But, almost all of the time, it is to get ready for some kind of performance.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Another thing that I really got into when I was your age, was that I had a couple of weights that I would swing around with my arms.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Then you would want high impact aerobics. Not just dancing around, LOL, but something that makes you heart pump as well as increasing your breathing.

Like Clough suggested, climbing up and down the stairs....Step aerobics....fast-paced walking, etc.
    Getting the heart working is important! What about an exercise bicycle or treadmill

Sep 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Remembering that I'm 16 and I isn't going to go out and buy a treadmill.
    All we have in the way of exercise equipement is the stairs to our loft, and a set of weights
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    remembering that im 16 and i aint gunna go out and buy a treadmill.
    all we have in the way of exercise equipement is the stairs to our loft, and a set of weights
    Okay, I know how old you are. I was just trying to think of some things that you could do at home. :)

Sep 25, 2007, 03:16 AM
    Hehe its okay :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Stairs, walking around in circles outside your home. Lol

Situps and pushups are great way of getting fit. Does not have to be a lot. Just start small and go from there.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search