Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 4, 2005, 09:10 AM
    Advice
    I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 4, 2005, 11:05 AM
    From the sound of it, you seem to be on top of both appripriate subject already. Good Luck in reaching your goal! P.S. Once there, share your knowledge with the forum please. The more help, the better.
    hanabelle Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
    That sounds like a great accomplishment! I wish I could help give some words of advice except You sound like your on your way to a great career and whatever you choose I'm sure it will be the right one, good luck!
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Oct 4, 2005, 04:30 PM
    Intern
    You may want to seek an internship at a local tax office to get a hands on feel of the pace and expectation that awaits you, as well as, familiarizing yourself with tax laws in an applicable manner. However, a more excellent way would be to seek out a firm that undergurd or mentor you... you may need to travel outside of Iowa over the summer but it may be well worth it. Due to the overwhelming number of students applying for law school, it will be well worth your while to network with a senior exec. To gain real world experience, to gain a reliable reference and friend, it can not hurt. Sometimes, we need to be resourceful... we must have the knowledge, but we gain an edge due to the people we know.
    Coger Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2005, 02:25 PM
    Well my three years with the IRS, and my 15 yrs or so in accounting I would suggest you get a masters in Taxation NOT accounting. My masters in accounting cover a good deal of International accounting and not something I have been able to apply.
    Give it some thought

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice... please [ 37 Answers ]

Me and my ex of 3 years broke up over a month ago. He said we were fighting too much and that if I would give it time everything would fall into place.well we still see each other and hang out and spend the night together,yet he hasn't mentioned anything about the relationship. Its like he's over...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice please [ 9 Answers ]

I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another...

View more questions Search