Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bergeronn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Upgrading to a Hunter Thermostat
    I'm upgrading from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 thermostat to a Hunter 44110 Thermostat.

The wiring for the Janitrol is:

Y = Yellow wire
    G = Green wire
    R = Red wire
    O = Orange wire
    W2 = White wire
    E = Black wire
    C = Blue wire

The wiring diagram for the Hunter is:

RH =??
    RC =??
    G =??
    Y/O =??
    W/B =??

I did hook up the Red wire to the RH with a jumper to the RC, the Green wire to the G, Yellow wire to the Y/O, and white wire to the W/B. I capped off the Blue Wire, Black Wire, and Yellow Wire. The system did come on, but it only blew out warm air and it was on cool. Do I have to hook up the orange wire with the yellow wire? If not, what is the correct wiring hookup for the Hunters system? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chase
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
    I had a similar issue.

Here:https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ats-83496.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter thermostat wirirng [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to change my old Honeywell thermostat (which looks like T8400C) for programmable Hunter (model 44155C). Old one was connected to Hail Quiet Comfort II two stage gas furnace (on the second floor) and air conditioner (outside of the house). It has 6 wires connected to Honeywell: G (green),...

Upgrading Digital Thermostat w/ Heat Pump & Gas Aux [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a new thermostat. I currently have an electric heat pump with gas backup and two-stage blower. The current thermostat is a very basic digital model ( White-Rodgers ) and is working properly, as far as I can tell. It works like this: Heating Mode:...

Problems upgrading programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from an "unknown" older analog thermostat to a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable for our heat. The old thermostat had only two wires hooked up, red and green. This must be a single stage unit, since we have a separate thermostat to control A/C (heat pump). The heat is a gas furnace. ...

Need Help with Hunter Thermostat Please [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Payne PF1MNC hvac, and just replaced my White Rodgers thermostat (It wasn't blowing hot air or kicking in in Auto mode) with a Hunter 44155C. There were 4 wires attached: G to G R to Rh (with jumper) Y to Y1 W to W And an unattached B I attached them the same to the Hunter:

Upgrading to programmable ac/heating thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old thermostat for ac/heating. There are 5 wires red, white, orange, black, green. My new unit (Noma programmable thermostat). The instructions indicate points of connection using red, white, yellow, green. My confusion is, where do I connect orange and black, because there...

View more questions Search