Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20questions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Money Judgement Child Support Arrearages
    The court issued a money judgement to me against my ex-husband for the child support arrearages he owed me.

I don't know how to use this to benefit me. Can I file a levy or lien against his bank accounts? Filing against his house will not affect him because he will not be selling at any time soon.

I would love some advice, please!
    jverner Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 20questions
    The court issued a money judgement to me against my ex-husband for the child support arrearages he owed me.

I don't know how to use this to benefit me. Can I file a levy or lien against his bank accounts? Filing against his house will not affect him because he will not be selling at any time soon.

I would love some advice, please!
    Check out the enforcement section on The Child Support Web Child Support Enforcement Information & Resources and also look up your state for more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Money judgment/child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have been awarded a $58k money judgment as of 5/2006 for child support arrears in upstate NY. Currently, the NC is paying $78 a week which is being garnished out of his wages at that rate it will take him several years. He owns real estate property. I have a two part question here....

Who Gets the Child Support Money [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have 2 daughters with my ex girl and pay child support. My oldest daughter (17 yrs) is not living with the mother but with the aunt (I have proof that she's living there) for over 4 months and not getting a dime from the child support money. She graduating from HS in June and is going...

Seeking Child Support - Ex Makes Money Illegally [ 6 Answers ]

Before my son was born, his father suggested that we not go through the courts for child support and instead work out an amount between the two of us. I had my doubts as to whether he would actually come through with the money each month, but I decided to give it a chance seeing as he gets paid...

View more questions Search