Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Hey there FB!! So, you have been busy creating wonderful gift baskets! It was so fun seeing your post. I am glad you have not abandoned us! I know you have just been a busy bee but how refreshing to see you post once again! More please!! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    and here, is seany! :)
    gunna take a camera into art tomorrow, which is when i will be doing the majority of my work on my studio (coz i have 2 lessons of art, with recess in between, then form class which i can usually get allowed to go do art, then lunch which i can do art in, then clubs which i chose art club)
    so 4 lessons, recess and lunch im gunna work thru (fun fun!)
    then i will have fridays art lessons, then that will be my last TEE art lesson, coz next year im doing art and design (which is art without the essays/exams)
    Looking forward to seeing your art in progress!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
    I see both Didi and Jan checking things out on the site right now! :)

Didi, where have you been? You have been missed! :(
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Hiya, Craig! (and everyone else). It has been mostly family commitments that have kept me away, topped up with a dash of responsibilities. :) The months of November, December and the first few weeks of January are very, very busy ones for me at the best of times! My adopted daughter is going through some very difficult times right now so it has been important to be as available and supportive as I am able. I continue to job hunt, have been working on my book a bit, had a few other family issues that I was busy with, too. Then there is shopping for birthdays and Christmas on a very tight budget. Let me explain my dilemma...

In November I have 4 family birthdays - my brother, his wife, my mom's 'boyfriend', and my youngest grandson. In December... (oh my!) my sister, my nephew (her eldest child), my mom, my dad, my twin grandsons, my step-daughter... let's see... have I forgotten any?? - all have birthdays... so I am now up to 11. Then in January I have my granddaughter, step-grandson and my other nephew all celebrating birthdays. I am sure I have forgotten someone! Oh, and my Bernese Mountain Dog - Thunder will be 3 years old in January as well. Add all that to Christmas shopping for my parents, kids, grandkids... it's a lot! I also do up donation gifts for a boy and a girl of 3 different age groups - young, preteen, and teen as well as food for the food bank. This year I am also making some gift baskets for our local hospice to raffle off, too. So, as you can see I am VERY busy!

I am going to try to take some time off tomorrow night as I need a break! Actually, I just want to play! Hahaha!

I will also post some angels made with milkweed pods in the next day or two.

Talk to you all later...

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Wow! That's a lot of birthdays, Didi! Sounds like a lot of fun, though! :)

I am glad that you use your creative abilities to help others in need! :)

I look forward to your angels that you have made with the Milkweed pods! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:17 AM
    So good to see you on the thread Didi! I will say goodnight and sweet dreams to you, Craig and all others. :) So many birthdays! We just celebrated my brother's this evening. We have several in November also but not so many in Dec. or January. You are going to be one busy gal. Just don't forget to stop and have fun, of course, that includes being on the thread!! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Jan, the night is young yet! :)

But, I suppose that you need your rest in order to get over the nasty experience that you had last night! :D
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Are other members of your family as artistically inclined as you, Didi?
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:49 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Doesn't sealing affect the boldness and/or depth of the original drawing?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    It is a spray flat sealer... has no effect whatsoever on the piece, other than protecting it. There is one sealer for canvas that takes longer to dry and one for paper that takes less time.
    So, are these sealers lacquer based, water based or, something else?
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    and here, is seany! :)
    gunna take a camera into art tomorrow, which is when i will be doing the majority of my work on my studio (coz i have 2 lessons of art, with recess in between, then form class which i can usually get allowed to go do art, then lunch which i can do art in, then clubs which i chose art club)
    so 4 lessons, recess and lunch im gunna work thru (fun fun!)
    then i will have fridays art lessons, then that will be my last TEE art lesson, coz next year im doing art and design (which is art without the essays/exams)
    I'm glad that you are getting to spend so much time at your art Sean, because it is so vital and important to you!

What other classes are that you are taking concerning other subjects?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudmama
    Hi Firm, how are you doing? Those are really nice. I have not got anything ready yet, I have been so busy, but I would like to try to get back into my art. I will try soon. I have not even got caught up on all the pages yet. lol

Proud
    Hey proud,
    Thank you...
    We are hoping you will post some of your work soon(when you have the time, is the right time to do it:)).

Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Hey there FB!!! So, you have been busy creating wonderful gift baskets! It was so fun seeing your post. I am glad you have not abandoned us! I know you have just been a busy bee but how refreshing to see you post once again! More please!!! :)
    Hi Jan,
    ;)
    I will try to post some more soon,as soon as I get another one done:D .
    These past few days I seem to have a burst of creativity, so I am taking advantage of it and getting things done before it goes dormant again:rolleyes:
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 14, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Hugs to all, just wanted to drop by and say hello!
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Hugs and hello to you too, Erica! Are you doing okay?
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:35 AM
    Origianlly Posted by firmbelieverHi Jan,

I will try to post some more soon,as soon as I get another one done .
    These past few days I seem to have a burst of creativity, so I am taking advantage of it and getting things done before it goes dormant again
    I definitely know how things can go dormant for awhile concerning doing anything artistic.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Dear firm,

Your baskets are really nice! Are these types of things that you also might want to sell in order to make some profit for yourself?

Craig
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Hi Erica,
    Hugs to you too.Hope things are OK with you.

Clough,
    Thank you.
    This was one of the things I had in mind, I am trying out a few gift shops for it.
    Online sale is not much of an option as there are so many of these baskets out there,but in my community it is rare yet, which I hope to take advantage of until others start copying the idea;).
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever

Clough,
    Thank you.
    This was one of the things I had in mind, I am trying out a few gift shops for it.
    Online sale is not much of an option as there are so many of these baskets out there,but in my community it is rare yet, which I hope to take advantage of until others start copying the idea;).
    That is cool! :) It looks like the market where you are may be just ripe for something like this that you do. Please just let the creative juices flow and get busy with what you want to do! You just may have found your niche!
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 02:58 AM
    I know that you like certain types of music, firmbeliever. I am wondering what kind of instruments are involved in the music that you like?

I am into all sorts of music, not just classical and jazz. Someday, I hope to build a folk harp as well as a hammered dulcimer. I also want to be able to play them on a professional level. Those are four of my dreams that I want to accomplish and also live. I just love simple folk music! :)
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 14, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Things are going good. Just busy lately - Hope all of you are well, and I really hope to get my drawing finished soon to post.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 03:13 AM
    Things have improved with family?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search