Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    :) do you speak any other languages fluently?
    No. Have studied German, Spanish and French though. Would like to speak them fluently. Most of my experience with languages comes from teaching and performance while singing as a soloist or directing choirs for many years.
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2007, 04:04 AM
    LOl... I'm very picky, I can't even stand for a rug to be crooked. I don't let my husband clean often and when he does, I go behind him doing it my way.
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    No. Have studied German, Spanish and French though. Would like to speak them fluently. Most of my experience with languages comes from teaching and performance while singing as a soloist or directing choirs for many years.
    Oops! I forgot Latin. Even though I haven't studied it formally as a language, I have much experience in the singing and pronunciation of it. It is mostly church Latin that I know. I have a real buggaboo about pronouncing it correctly when singing!
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:11 AM
    LOl...I'm very picky, I can't even stand for a rug to be crooked. I dont let my husband clean often and when he does, i go behind him doing it my way.
    Do you think that your "perfectionism" in things like this might have a bearing on your current family situation?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 7, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Isla is a very very dear internet friend of mine (I have a few of those, I always seem to meet people who I have huge amounts in common with on the net) she lives in france and is a very deep person.
    Thanks for the comments on my sig
    Happy birthday to peoples who's birthdays it is/was/will be
    Hope to see more art soon
    My art teacher is actually quite excited and interested by my designs for my project and can't wait till I start making it :) which will hopefully be the next day I have art on :)
    (hoping to go dumpster diving behind harvey norman for polystyrene soon ) (its something I guess I got to learn to enjoy because its something ima prob do a lot in the future as an artist) (and if I turn out as a crap artist, its good practice for when I'm hungry on the street! Lolz kidding)
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    isla is a very very dear internet friend of mine (i have a few of those, i always seem to meet people who i have huge amounts in common with on the net) she lives in france and is a very deep person.
    thnx for the comments on my sig
    happy birthday to peoples whos birthdays it is/was/will be
    hope to see more art soon
    my art teacher is actually quite excited and interested by my designs for my project and can't wait till i start making it :) which will hopefully be the next day i have art on :)
    (hoping to go dumpster diving behind harvey norman for polystyrene soon ) (its something i guess i gotta learn to enjoy coz its something ima prob do alot in the future as an artist) (and if i turn out as a crap artist, its good practice for when im hungry on the street! lolz kidding)
    Well hi, Sean! I was wondering what happened to you! I think that a lot of us here are finding that we have so much in common with others because we have found each other by using the Internet. It's definitely nich to have some "common ground" with people.

So, what about your art teacher?

Nov 7, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Do you think that your "perfectionism" in things like this might have a bearing on your current family situation?

What do u mean?
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:21 AM
    I'm not looking to go deeply into your family situation on this post, Erica. But, I do definitely have some identity with you concerning perfectionism as may be related to the various kinds of arts that we do. I think that it would be beneficial for you and I and also the others to discuss it. I think that all of us artists have perfectionist tendencies.
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:24 AM
    what do u mean?
    Just that the way you might be with perfectionist tendencies might have an effect on your family if they don't feel the same way that you do about things. I know my ways of being a perfectionist certainly had an effect on my immediate family. It might be concerning the way that I was about music or other things.

Nov 7, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Actually I've never thought about it like that, and still am trying to figure out what about my perfectionism is affecting my family or isn't.
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Actually I've never thought about it like that, and still am trying to figure out what about my perfectionism is affecting my family or isn't.
    I not so sure that this would be a good thing to discuss on this post concerning your family, unless you truly want to. Do you?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Just posting a few drawings. If they appear grainy, it may be because they were home scanned. Not sure. Sometimes, they come out clear here when I post and sometimes not. I am doing something funky I would imagine.

My sign language instructor commissioned me to do these for drawings. She traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and had a park ranger take her and her husband back into a part that most won't see just going through on their own. She says this is the area her ancestors grew up and lived in. In order to make the park, land was purchased but the residents living there were allowed to live out their lives in their homes but could not pass their homes on to relatives as it now belonged to the Park. I did the drawings and about a year later, began wondering if I could find out more history on the structures since people usually ask me the story behind each drawing I do. To my amazement, I found not only the sites with information but with photographs of each structure. My instructor took some photos at almost the same angle as some of the photos on the sites.

I may not get these in order but will type the site addresses here then post the drawings I made.

(Edit: OKAY! I edited this and put the site address below. You can access all the others after going to this one link.)

Palmer Chapel in The Catalooche Area NC

Beech Grove School in The Catalooche NC Area Thru DiscoverTheSmokies.com
    Beech Grove School

http//discovercataloochee.com/_wmbarn/dcpcchape.him
    Palmer Chapel the last part could be "acpchape.htm if the first one doesn't work. I wrote them down and should have copied and pasted.

Caldwell House and Barn Area in The Catalooche NC Area Thru DiscoverTheSmokies.com
    Caldwell House Footbridge

Palmer House in The Catalooche Area NC View #4
    Palmer House
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Beech Grove School failed to get posted. It is as follows:
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 10:32 PM
    They are grainy! Sorry. I tried posting them smaller also but they were still grainy.

Nov 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
    I love them all
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Different for me... leaf painting. Went to the woods, looked for leaves I liked.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
    i love them all
    There you are! Hope all is well with you and your little family. I have been missing being on here at the same time as you and others. Glad to see you back. :)

I have a hard time remembering what times are best for you and others. What time is it there? I am going to make a note for myself. Since I have access to a computer most of the day, I would like to pop on at times I think you might be on.
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 11:10 PM
    As you see Erica, I don't have the light touch that you have no matter what medium I am working in. Must be my strong stubborn personality coming out. LOL

Nov 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
    You may not have the light touch, but I LOVE the way your drawings look. Mine do not look real, seems they look flat - and drawing a portrait or anything really I need to make it look at least somewhat real.

It is 730 am here, and I just love the leaves, I would have never thought to do something like that. Your amazing!
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Thanks for the kind words. Amazing would not be a word I would use to describe myself. Guess I know too many of my flaws. LOL But it is sure nice to read those words. Thank you Erica!

We use to live in Calif. And that was just a two hour difference and it kept me confused. It is 12:33 a.m. here right now. You probably know that with family back here. Thanks for sharing the time. I will try to rmemember. What ages are your children if you don't mind me asking. If you would rather not say, I totally understand on line. Maybe we could PM sometime later about family and keep this just about art and such! Did you get the PM I sent a week or so ago?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search