Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    They are from a digital camera, are stored on my computer and I have made them smaller and watermarked them. They are in .jpg format. Thanks for your response. I'll check back tomorrow for further information.

Hugs, Didi
    Okay. Me, too!

If not me, then I am sure there will be someone else to guide you who knows what they are doing!

I am looking forward to seeing your work!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Here are some tips to get the picture uploaded.

First edit the pictures to web page size.
    Then click Answer and on the same page a little lower you will find "Additional Options" and "manage attachements".
    Click the manage attachments.
    Oh! Thank you! I hadn't scrolled down far enough on the page! :)

Okay, here are 2 photos of my very first oils ever. Thanks for looking.

Hugs, Didi
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Here is another one... unfortunately, not a very good photo of it. I also tried my hand at watercolour, the flower photo, but I really wasn't happy with it so I have never done another one. A photo of that is attached as well.

Again, thanks for taking the time to look.

Didi
    Attached Images

brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Great art!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Grammadidi,
    I love your work.

And the watercolour flowers are wonderful.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 9, 2007, 04:46 AM
    [--

Oct 9, 2007, 05:15 AM
    --
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 9, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Photo series- light your way
    Was an art studio I did, did it all in one night before it was due
    All you guys art is pretty awesome by the way, love the watercolours/paints
    Wish I could paint gewd
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Cal,
    I love the colours in your photos.
    Beautifully taken.

Do not get me wrong,but I think if the candles had been the only light(or the brightest), it would be even more beautiful.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 9, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Thank you firm :)
    I think when I took the photos, I played around with the lights a lot, and without any other lights as well.
    I then just picked out which ones looked best
    So yer.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Thanks so much for your interest. Beading is a "time" thing, and the bead pieces I do, depending on the size of the finished work, DO take time to complete.
    I would like to see what your niece is doing. I can teach her or anyone for that matter to do the same work I do in beads if she is interested; it's really no biggie and a very simple process. I can walk her thru it in no time, or anyone for that matter. Anyone interested just let me know. I enjoy teaching it. You may email privately if you like. ;)
    Chek101,
    I knew these had to have taken a tremendous amount of time. They just really fascinate me. I have no knowledge of beading so appreciate the information. My niece will be astounded. She is just beginning and we have all been so proud of her for her projects. I had just never seen work like yours. Thanks so much for sharing your work and your information. I will ask my niece what type of beads she uses but I do know she purchases them from a local craft store in her area so they aren't the ones you refer to I'm sure. I will share the information with her. I will be in touch after I visit with her. Have you been doing this for a long time?
    jrebel7
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Thank you for the nice comments about my paintings. Now, I am not fishing for compliments here, but I really want honest opinions. Do you guys think that oils look like something I should spend more time doing? I feel that I am not very artistic (well, besides in my head), but I was happy with my paintings when I did them. I haven't really shown them to many people besides the people that I painted them for. I just don't know if I like them because they are better than anything that I thought I could do, OR if they really are halfway good and worth spending my time on or maybe pursuing lessons. As I said, I truly don't want 'feel good' answers here. Thank you.

I have seen a lot of talent on these pages - I am truly humbled when I look at the works displayed here. I wish I could be 1/4 as good!

I am very much into photography since my second husband died. I think it helped me to be able to get past the darkness and begin seeing in colour again. That is also when I decided to try my hand at oils.

Anyhow, thanks again for giving me a place to show my paintings and for the comments.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I didn't know about hanging them to dry. Thanks for the information! I should know better because I do a lot of herb and vegetable gardening though. But, I have been putting small holes in them and just leaving them sitting in my basement. Probably the wrong move there! They have not lasted, I think, because I have put them in my basement!

Do you remove the insides of them somehow before hanging them to dry?
    Clough, I missed this note from you some way or another. Just found it. Sorry. To answer your question, I do not remove the insides. I hang them just as they are when I cut them off the vine, by the stem with a piece of twine tied to the stem and hang them on a nail from the rafter in the garage. They hang in open air but that is where the mold grew little fur coats for them. The ones I just left laying on the ground or the vine through the winter darkened but if lightly sanded, turn out nicely.

Oct 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
    --
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Thank you for the nice comments about my paintings. Now, I am not fishing for compliments here, but I really want honest opinions. Do you guys think that oils look like something I should spend more time doing?

Hugs, Didi
    Grammadidi,
    Your paintings are good and I think you should try both oils and water colours because I liked your water colour flowers too.
    The oils you could practice more as I think you have the right techniques and your work is great.(I admire those who use oils as I have not been able to get the technique right yet).

And photographs? Do share some with us please... :)

Oct 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
    [--
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Grammadidi,
    Your paintings are good and I think you should try both oils and water colours because I liked your water colour flowers too.
    The oils you could practice more as I think you have the right techniques and your work is great.(I admire those who use oils as I have not been able to get the technique right yet).

And photographs? Do share some with us please....:)
    Thanks, firm... I appreciate your input. I will try to post some photos tonight. I will have to shrink them and mark them first. I really want to get into selling my photos when I can get a better camera.

Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Hey, chek. I am a grandmother of six as well - one is a 'step', and he's 21. The others are 16, 15, 12, 12 and 7. Now, about my paintings... *blushing here*... Hahaha! Thanks chek! I appreciate your comments too! I use the Bob Ross technique, with a bit of my own thrown in. I use a knife and many different sized brushes, but I had considered using sponges and stuff too. I have done some wall painting and LOVED the results (acrylics) but I was afraid to use similar techniques with the oils. I'll try now! :)
    I also prefer the oils, and I use a product to keep them wet. I use a LOT of paint, too, so they stay wet longer than most people's I'm sure! I do NOT paint fast, and believe me... when I'm done I have as much paint on my hands as there is on my canvas! I just hate cleaning the brushes. :) I tell everyone to buy me brushes for my birthday and Christmas so I don't have to keep cleaning them! Hahahaha!
    Anyhow, thanks again. I think I will try a few more paintings. I mean, I know beauty is the eye of the beholder, but I hate to waste my time on something if it's really a waste of time.
    I LOVE the work I have seen you do and have posted on here. You don't look like you dabble in kleenex! Heehee. You are very good. I would love to use some of your work for signature tags, web sets and other graphics.
    Anyhow, thanks for the comments.
    Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Chek101,
    I loved reading how this all began with the beading. The information you have provided and your openness to share is appreciated. I will get back with you after I visit with my niece. Thanks again so much!
    jrebel7
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Oh! Thank you! I hadn't scrolled down far enough on the page! :)

Okay, here are 2 photos of my very first oils ever. Thanks for looking.

Hugs, Didi
    Love your use of lights and darks! Evoked feelings upon viewing. The joy of doing a piece is rewarding, when it touches the viewer, that is the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search