Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 03:14 AM
    I look forward to you finishing your drawing soon! When I do something like that, I am such a beginner at it that it takes me FOREVER!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Jan, the night is young yet! :)

But, I suppose that you need your rest in order to get over the nasty experience that you had last night! :D
    Actually, wouldn't mind an instant replay. :p

Art is so healing to the spirit!
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 10:54 PM
    So, are these sealers lacquer based, water based or, something else?
    The Liquilam UV (is great because it protects work from effects of exposure to the sun) - liquid laminate is what I use on the canvases. It states that clean up is with mineral spirits, however, I have a line outside where I place my pieces to be sprayed and wear rubber gloves so never have clean up. Drying time is longer with this product. Second coat may be applied 1 hour later. Even though it says clean up is with mineral spirits, it also says wash hands with soap and water.

The SEM Color Coat (which I buy Clear), second coat can be applied in 5 to 10 minutes. I can't find where it says whether lacquer based or water based but I know it is not as heavy as the Liquid Laminate nor the same texture.

I have never used anything except soap and water for clean up for hands or arms if exposed to either but if sprayed heavily and allowed to set, clean up may be different. I know that doesn't fit with the normal formulas we think of as either/or water based/lacquer.

Both remain flexible!

Hope this information is helpful. I use the SEM on the #100 pound Vellum paper and the Liq-UV on the canvases. Avoid breathing either one. Spray outdoors if possible. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    Things are going good. Just busy lately - Hope all of you are well, and I really hope to get my drawing finished soon to post.
    Erica, looking forward to seeing more of your work!! :)
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 15, 2007, 01:13 AM
    I posted something in marriage, and I would really like a few of you to read it and give me some advice... PLEASE!
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Hi Erica, Jan and Didi! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I posted something in marriage, and I would really like a few of you to read it and give me some advice....PLEASE!
    I'll check it out.

Nov 15, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Hi Craig, and Jan & Didi - and anyone else I missed. I guess I sounded kind of rude not saying hi to anyone first, sorry :p
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    The Liquilam UV (is great because it protects work from effects of exposure to the sun) - liquid laminate is what I use on the canvases. It states that clean up is with mineral spirits, however, I have a line outside where I place my pieces to be sprayed and wear rubber gloves so never have clean up. Drying time is longer with this product. Second coat may be applied 1 hour later. Even though it says clean up is with mineral spirits, it also says wash hands with soap and water.

The SEM Color Coat (which I buy Clear), second coat can be applied in 5 to 10 minutes. I can't find where it says whether lacquer based or water based but I know it is not as heavy as the Liquid Laminate nor the same texture.

I have never used anything except soap and water for clean up for hands or arms if exposed to either but if sprayed heavily and allowed to set, clean up may be different. I know that doesn't fit with the normal formulas we think of as either/or water based/lacquer.

Both remain flexible!

Hope this information is helpful. I use the SEM on the #100 pound Vellum paper and the Liq-UV on the canvases. Avoid breathing either one. Spray outdoors if possible. :)
    It is very helpful information! Sounds like the first one is an oil-based product and the second one is a water-based one.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Hi Craig, and Jan & Didi - and anyone else I missed. I guess I sounded kind of rude not saying hi to anyone first, sorry :p
    Hey, that's okay! I just kind of pop in and out of places myself.

Nov 15, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Lol glad I'm not the only one!
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Hey, that's okay! I just kind of pop in and out of places myself. We "artistically challenged" :p people are known to do things on the spur of the moment lots of times!

++Edit++ Sorry about this additional post. The system was being slow and then I thought of something else to say.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:29 AM
    Jan, the night is young yet! :)

But, I suppose that you need your rest in order to get over the nasty experience that you had last night! :D
    Hmmm... did I miss something?

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:33 AM

It is very helpful information! Sounds like the first one is an oil-based product and the second one is a water-based one.
    Both are permanent but one is stronger than the other but you may be right. At this time in the morning, I get a little loopy as you know. :p
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Are other members of your family as artistically inclined as you, Didi?
    My dad enjoyed building and creating when I was young, my mom did arts and crafts with us. My sister is quite 'crafty', as is my eldest child. My grandmother on my dad's side was a dancer, as was her sister. My eldest daughter, her daughter, my son and I all enjoy writing.

My dad, my eldest child and I are avid gardeners and my mom enjoys it too.

I hate to say this, but I really don't feel I am artistically inclined. I dabble at a few things, learn that I don't have much chance at doing each of those things the way I envisioned it, and move on to other things. :P Probably the Gemini in me or something. Hahaha!

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Jan, the night is young yet!

But, I suppose that you need your rest in order to get over the nasty experience that you had last night!
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Hmmm... did I miss something?

Hugs, Didi
    I really gave her a hard time on Tuesday night! But, it was nothing really... I hope that she forgives me! :o
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Are other members of your family as artistically inclined as you, Didi?
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    My dad enjoyed building and creating when I was young, my mom did arts and crafts with us. My sister is quite 'crafty', as is my eldest child. My grandmother on my dad's side was a dancer, as was her sister. My eldest daughter, her daughter, my son and I all enjoy writing.

My dad, my eldest child and I are avid gardeners and my mom enjoys it too.

I hate to say this, but I really don't feel I am artistically inclined. I dabble at a few things, learn that I don't have much chance at doing each of those things the way I envisioned it, and move on to other things. :P Probably the Gemini in me or something. Hahaha!

Hugs, Didi
    So, it would seem that your artistic ability has been passed down to you from one generation to the other.

It is interesting as to how many artists also seem to be avid gardeners. I am and I know that Jan is also.

It seem to me that there is also an art to gardening. Certainly there is with the harvesting and preparation for food of that which has been grown.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Hey there Didi, Craig, Erica and all!
    Talk about popping in and out... I popped out and forgot to pop back in for a bit. I was answering some personal e-mails and realized I was still online with the thread! :)

Didi, I don't consider all you do as dabbling!! You are amazing. Your family sounds blessed with talent in all the arts.

Craig, you are forgiven for being such an artist!! LOL :)

Erica, keep posting. Sometimes art is a great way to work through life's issues!

Where is Cal? Am missing FirmBeliever again and so many others that have not posted in a bit.

I am getting a little unable to process my thoughts so better say good night. So... goodnight and sweet dreams to all! :) Hope to catch each of you on the thread tomorrow perhaps??
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 02:07 AM
    I too, am missing the others!

Thank you for for forgiving me! I just can't help myself, sometimes! :o

Nov 15, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Craig - thank you so so so much for all of your help. Everything I've ever needed advice on, or just a listening ear, you've totally been there. I really appreciate it deeply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search