Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Hi Ben - what art have YOU created today? All I've done is worked on some things here and there, and took some pics of myself, LOL
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Wow! You two are going faster than I can keep up with right now! I had better get to bed and catch up on things at a later time. It is now almost 6:30 in the morning where I am, and I haven't been to sleep yet! :eek:
    :)
    :p
    :)
    :cool: (Did you know that you can only add about six or seven of these faces to a post, and then the system won't let you add any more of them? I found that out just a couple of days ago.)

Jan, I got your emails. I will be responding to them! Thank you for sending them!

Where is Didi and firmbeliever? I hope that they are okay! I would like to know where the others are also who where originally a part of this thread. There used to be quite a few of us here.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:42 AM
    I am terrible at art, my art I monstrous.

Nov 8, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I drove them all away unfortunately :( lol

And its good to know about the faces, since I send them so often, lolol
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Clough, you made it to sunrise?
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Erlo, Taking pictures of yourself is not art OR is it?
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Less than 500 more, and we will have to start a new thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    No way? That's a bummer - ! Guess we should start posting actual art then huh? But its soooo fun just chatting with you wonderful people :D
    "Birds of a feather, flock together..."

That's what artists do. We probably haven't really veered off from the real intentions of this post at all. Artists share in more than one way with other artists. It's part of how we keep it all together for each of us, and among ourselves.

Nov 8, 2007, 05:51 AM
    :) right. Well I'm going to get my butt in gear and do something, I can't sit here any longer, I have way too much energy today! Goodnight Craig!
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:53 AM
    All right, another day the Erlo
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    Clough, you made it to sunrise?
    Not quite. See the one eye, it's already shut. ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:56 AM
    :) right. well im going to get my butt in gear and do something, i can't sit here any longer, i have way to much energy today! Goodnight Craig!
    Thank you and goodnight to you Erica! Your new avatar is great! Is it a sepia-tone photogragh? (Don't have to answer now!)
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 06:00 AM
    :) im in a very good mood today -

i did a drawing yesterday, started the shading and detail and realized it was way off.... so i started on another i had began yesterday and - i need some input on how to draw tiny bunches of flowers, LOL
    Can't let the above get lost in the shuffle. Needs to be addressed...
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I am terrible at art, my art i monstrous.
    Just by the way that you said what you did, that is art!
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Where is Didi and firmbeliever? I hope that they are okay! I would like to know where the others are also who where originally a part of this thread. There used to be quite a few of us here.
    I drove them all away unfortunately :( lol
    Probably so... ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Erlo, Taking pictures of your self is not art OR is it?
    Yes, it is an art if one is trying to do it in a particular fashion as opposed to just taking snapshots. They are called portraits if they are thought out as to how they are going to be for the poses and not just random pictures of a person in everyday situations.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, Jan!

I am wondering how on earth you paint on the leaves! I am assuming that they are still fresh when you paint on them? What kind of brush do you use on them, if you use a brush? How do you keep them from curling up because they have gotten wet with whatever you are using for your paint? What do you use for the paint? Do you spray some kind of finish on them when you are done with the painting?

Enquiring minds need to know, you know! :)

Thanks!

Craig
    I collect the leaves in the fall after they have fallen. I paint on flat ones as well as ones whose edges are curled. Those make the most interesting ones but they don't photograph well so didn't post. I paint on sycamore leafs a lot. They are the largest leaf in our area and look nice in a shadow box. I paint a pattern on the back of the back part of the shadow box to enhance or compliment the leaf painting. I use acrylic paints, flat brush and liner brush and always paint both sides, generally the back side is a solid color, no detail, but something to compliment the front. After they are completed, I coat both sides two or three times with Polycrylic, clear gloss. They look nice in shadow boxes or just to lay several in a display dish on a table. People generally want to pick them up, touch them, look on both sides so I like to display them in a tray or dish. The large ones need to be in a shadow box or framed behind glass someway. For the ones I display in the open, I just use a dry brush occasionally on them to dust the surface.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Didi, I know that you are looking at this thread. Jan, I know that you are online right now. Have either of you noticed the Milkweed question that I posted. Jan, it would seem to be right up your alley! :)

I am just closing up things on another thread with a high school student who asked about acting, which is right up my alley!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 01:44 AM
    I am terrible at art, my art i monstrous.
    I'd like to see! I LOVE monsters! :) Really, though... I thought I was pretty bad until these people and their diverse posts encouraged and inspired me. Why not try something simple to post?

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Didi, I know that you are looking at this thread. Jan, I know that you are online right now. Have either of you noticed the Milkweed question that I posted. Jan, it would seem to be right up your alley!! :)

I am just closing up things on another thread with a high school student who asked about acting, which is right up my alley.
    Hi. I did notice your post regarding milkweed pods. I have gone to the woods in search of items to place in dried flower arrangements. I have a very tall pottery vase, about 3/4 of my height. I found sage plentiful and cattails and added other treasures from the woods, some being milk weed pods. When I go, most things of this nature are already dried and have formed magnificent shapes. Some look like insects, others like exotic tropical flowers when painted bright colors, others quite dressy in a black vase with pods painted with Emperors Gold acrylic paint. If they are not dried, pop them open, clean them out and let dry in a warm room or put in a dehydrator. My knowledge of working with milkweed pods is very limited. I will see if I have some here and make sure they are the milkweed pods I am describing but I am pretty sure that is what they are called. If not, I will let you know ASAP... well... tomorrow. Sorry not to be positive about my information.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    I'd like to see! I LOVE monsters! :) Really, though... I thought I was pretty bad until these people and their diverse posts encouraged and inspired me. Why not try something simple to post?

Hugs, Didi
    Hey Soul Sister! Do you have Milkweed Pods up your way??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search