Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    Well whats the matter? Why the rudeness ? Let us know what you need! I'd be glad to help!
    Thanks so much for your brilliant post on the link, Erica! :) :) :) Did you see what I meant? It really was going to trash in quick order!

I am so appreciative of young, fresh, knowledgeable and caring minds such as yours!

Craig
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:20 AM
    "Art has many avenues; love is carried through many vessels. Your oceans are your colours, your ship is your brush and your treasures are in your heart." (Moncy Barbour)

"Art knows. Art sees beyond... Art points us in new directions that make us think and question." (Warren Criswell)

"A work of art is a world in itself reflecting senses and emotions of the artist's world." (Hans Hofmann)

Hello New reader/s of this thread.
    This is an Open for all thread.
    Please do contribute your art if you would like to share with us and do join in the discusssion:)
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Thanks so much for your brilliant post on the link, Erica! :) :) :) Did you see what I meant? It really was going to trash in quick order!

I am so appreciative of young, fresh, knowledgeable and caring minds such as yours!

Craig

I'm blushing. THank you for such the nice comment :) :)
    Erica

Oct 22, 2007, 04:28 AM
    And - YES, it was going downhill quick. Some people should learn to bite their tongue. Some responses were simply uncalled for. Sorry, arrogance irritates me.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:29 AM
    You are very welcome!

So, I can call upon you in the future as the need arises?

Oct 22, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Absolutely. Sometimes I don't give the greatest advice, but an encouraging word or two never hurt anybody!!
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    And - YES, it was going downhill quick. Some people should learn to bite their tongue. Some responses were simply uncalled for. Sorry, arrogance irritates me.
    I actually think that Greg and I have come to an understanding and mutual respect, after I helped him with something else about which he posted. He appreciated what I said rather than lambasting me.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Goodnight and sweet dreams to all!
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:34 AM
    p.s. I just added you to my Buddy List, Erica!

Oct 22, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Awesome - about everything that is. Good night and sweet dreams to you too. Unfortunately its only 2 in the afternoon here, so not bedtime for me yet, lol!

Oct 22, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    p.s. I just added you to my Buddy List, Erica!
    I added you as well!!

JREBEL - I added you too!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 22, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Since the digital cameras batteries are currently charging, maybe you gals/guys can tell me if some of my poems are any good :)

Here's the first poem I wrote since I started writing poetry about half a year ago or more... it kind of worried all my friends lolz

Silas
    By seany
    The sun only shines on the other side
    of the world
    you know you love me. i know you hate me.
    Tell me your secrets. Ill tell you my lies.
    Take me home, so i can die.
    Love Me
    Hate Me
    Heal Me
    Hurt Me
    Love Me
    Kill Me
    Rape Me
    My failure, My love you despise
    We're all decaying, dying since painful birth.

Here's another I wrote quite a bit later
    No Heart
    I wish i didnt have a heart
    Then you couldnt break it
    I wish i never saw your eyes
    Then i would never melt
    I wish i never saw you smile
    then i would never miss it
    I wish i didnt feel for you
    then i would never feel heartbroken

And one I wrote when I was in a somewhat better mood
    Inspired by a nooma video of the same title
    Rain
    So ill just stand here, in the middle of winter, in the middle of your heart,
    and wait for it to rain, for it to pour down, for the storms sweet embrace,
    took just a one talk, a few sweet words, and my heart is taken,
    a broken heart reknits and heals, a reborn person is ready to risk death again
    my heart may get broken, i may die again, but reborn i will be, my saviour reconstructs my soul
    so again like a fool a risk i have taken, but i do not care, so here i am, i am now taken,
    and when it does rain, my dearest heart, you may fear the damp and i may shelter you, i may have to carry you,
    but i will remember it always, and i will treasure the rain, because when it rained, i got to be with you :)
    so ill just stand there, in the middle of the street, alone or with you, beloved or heartbroken, and wait for the rain, for the sweet healing downpour.

Hope you people like them :)

Oct 22, 2007, 05:29 AM
    I like them. THe first one didn't really scare me, but saddened me for sure. LOL Do you write a lot when you are down? Or is it just easier to write about depressing things than love or happiness?

Please don't take that the wrong way, Im surely not criticizing you, I am just curious.

Erica
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 05:35 AM
    While we are at it, why don't you add me to your list?

Did I qualify
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 22, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Dun worry I rarely take things the wrong way
    It is hard for me to write happy poems, the words just don't come most the time
    And I do write a lot when I'm down.

Oct 22, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Yeah - I understand. Keep it up though they are quite interesting none the less
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    While we are at it, why don't you add me to your list?

Did i qualify

To which list is it that you are referring?
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    dun worry i rarely take things the wrong way
    it is hard for me to write happy poems, the words just dont come most the time
    and i do write alot when im down.
    My daughter is an artist - visual arts, such as painting and drawing. She lives in California. She much prefers to listen to music that is in minor keys. I am kind of the same way, except that, I would have to say that I am really "on the fence" concerning that, because I perform so many types of music.

That is parallel to the idea that it is hard for you to write happy poems. I know exactly what you mean about writing more when feeling down.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:43 PM
    I think it is much easier to tune into melancholy feelings and write about them than happier ones! To me, the melancholy feelings, by meaning alone, lead to brooding and pensiveness so it is only natural that it is easier to write about! Melancholy is all about expression! :)

I write quite a bit, but find it much easier to write a pouring out of emotion when I am melancholy or deeply emotional.

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Hi, Christine and Jan!

I know that you are probably just catching up on things here. Or, maybe each of you went to get something to eat!

:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search