Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 25, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Stick figures is probably the extent of my artistic abilities, but you guys have done some beautiful artwork!

I'm with you nautical :o... no talent in me so far
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Meterre,
    I loved the border of your painting.

Cal,
    Show some more of your art will you:)

Hey Joe,
    Would love to see Proud's art.
    Put something on the painting (using Photoshop etc)like a signature across the painting before uploading on the net.(maybe someone who knows graphics and such can suggest a way to protect the art?)

Clough,
    Wheres your art... I have heard you are an artist ;)
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 25, 2007, 04:31 AM
    About protection of the art work... all you have to do is make c with a circle around it and your initials... if someone copies it, they would be committing copyright infringement... local copy shops know not to break the copyright law
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg219
    about protection of the art work...............all you have to do is make c with a circle around it and your initials.......if someone copies it, they would be committing copyright infringement....local copy shops know not to break the copyright law
    Does that C represent any legal documents proving it is copyrighted work?
    For example, if I copied someone's work and put C on it, how do they prove that it is not my work?

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Here's just a sketch in pen...

I do not mind these being copied.. :)
    Attached Images

benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 07:41 AM
    :)

That's the best I can do
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Simple yet nice. Sometimes art doesn't need to be this really super complex thing, to be beautiful or fine. Sometimes simple means fine, as long as it's neat or has quality or a message... oh you know what I mean.
    That sketch can definitely become a good work of art, perhaps if you add a touch of color... not too much, to keep it neat and simple. Or perhaps add something happening around it or just something.
    And I'd buy it.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Here's a handmade card I did sometime back.
    I LUV this! Your space, colors and lines are dead-on! Wonderful work!! Anymore?

Sep 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE

Oops i had posted it on the other post. But here it is again. The real thing is more vibrant in color but my cell phone blurred it a little. So as I was saying, I drew the face with a regular pencil and painted the border in water colors.
    I like this, Met; your colors work well. I would enjoy seeing some more of your stuff. I wish I could keep things simple but I'm not happy unless I spend another sleepless night trying to figure out a way out of the usual corner I painting myself into that day. Some times I just go at things with head down and at break neck speed. Art is thinking. I need to practice that part more.

Sep 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
    [QUOTE=Clough]
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101

What did you use to make the cannon, please?
    I don't have a metal working shop, only a wood shop (or used to have that is), so everything I built was usually made from 99 % wood. The cannon barrel is wood and only weighed 85 lbs, each wheel weighed 95 lbs. A friend of mine had a cool lathe he built himself and I went over there and we worked together on his lathe till I got the shape I wanted. I was hand-honing it before that, but after 2 weeks and seeing how little progress I was making, I gave my buddy a call. The metal strips around the wheels, I got from an iron smithy who made them to my specs. The rest I did myself.

The coach was real fun to make. I will put up some more pictures of her where you can see the work in progress, also some pics of the other things I built in progress. The hurricane tore the coach up some, but I mended her and she came back together OK.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Thanks,
    There's few more, but it needs to uploaded into my PC.
    Maybe in a week or so.:)

Sep 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    yep i created my own avi :) hehe
    the pic was part of a pair of pics same size, the other one is a chick with pink/red hair :) lolz

LOVE IT!!

Sep 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever]"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures."
    -
    Here are different pics of the coach. I have also included a shot of her in construction. I painted her red just to get a protective layer on her because she has to stay out in the weather while I work on her.

Pic 1) construction of the coach
    Pic 2) a bit of the interior visible
    Pic 3) that's my boy Drac up top driving his ladies (female vamps inside coach).
    Pic 4) this is one of four horses I built the year before to pull the coach
    Attached Images

Sep 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever]"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures."
    - Henry Ward Beecher

Here's the Sunset picture I loved so much, the one I shot at my son's house on Thanksgiving. I shot several pictures that day. The first 2 look identical but they are shot 20 minutes apart. The others were all shot in the next hour. I don't know if I can post them all in this post might have to put the others in another post. There are 7 photos in all I shot that day of this unbelievable sunset.
    Attached Images

Sep 25, 2007, 02:10 PM
    - Henry Ward Beecher

For all those who are creative in art-
    Be it painting in acrylics,oils,guache,crayons, pencils,pen,ink or charcoal.
    Or any other medium

And here's the remaining two shots:
    Attached Images

Sep 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
    - Henry Ward Beecher

This painting was done on an 4 ft by 8 ft piece of plywood. My union office asked me to paint it for them.
    Attached Images

Sep 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
    - Henry Ward Beecher

This was a large mural that my boss asked me to do for the lobby on the first anniversary of September 11th. It was roughly 20 ft long. The photo of the painting I put up before showing the firemen/heroes painting... well that picture was actually taken from this mural; it was a close up shot of the one below of the fireman poster that was painted into this mural. The fireman painting is actually 24" x 36" here. This is supposed to depict the ghost of a fireman and a female cop standing beside a postal worker who is looking at the poster on the wall. One of my co-workers asked that I make one of the people in the mural a person of color, so to cover all the bases, I made the policeman a female person of color. Note: the post office cap in the workers hand.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Wow Chek... you art is wonderful... in all its forms:)

Sep 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Wow Chek.....you art is wonderful........in all its forms:)
    Thanks Firm, I guess I'm just a stickler for details is all.

The next couple of photos I am going to put up are of my very favorite thing of all time... Tyrannosaurus Rex!! These first two shots are of the article that I read in my local papers about T-Rex Sue; she's what got me wanting to build her. I feel so sorry for the people who found her and worked on her for 2 YEARS digging her out of the mountain pice by piece only to have the government come and take her from them on some phoney baloney charge. Greed! Anyway, I liked her stance in these pictures they had in the papers. I figure if I build her in that pose, I could keep her height more manageable for me to work with. So, they're the pictures I decided to go buy. The next post will show how far I got on Sue before I had to stop. I just got the inner structure done and that was all.
    Attached Images

Sep 25, 2007, 03:08 PM
    And here is as far as I got.

Pic 1) what I was striving for in stance.
    Pic 2) her head almost 5 ft long, hand carved teeth
    Pic 3) had to stand in my neighbor's yard to take this pic... Sue was LONG! 45 feet long.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search