Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You mention formula. Is this some kind of epoxy? Would it allow the jewelry to be worn, like maybe as part of a necklace without out the jewelry falling apart?
    Clough, the E6000 is not an epoxy that you mix two mixtures together just prior to using. It is a clear gel like substance but a little thick. I have not had any experience with this on a necklace. It seems to be fairly versatile. I believe it would work on a necklace if it has had time to bond. It has a 24 to 72 hour dry time. I have used it on several surfaces with great success. I like it not only for setting up securely but it stays pliable long enough upon application to move items into best position. When I worked on the broaches, I set the pieces into position, moved a few a little higher up here and there to make the piece interesting but once I had them positioned, just left it overnight and it was a done deal! What I purchased is a medium viscosity clear. They may have it in a lighter viscosity if this one is too thick for what you would want. Hope this information helps. :)
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:50 PM
    jrebel7, I love all the crafty ideas you have. :) Do you sell these pieces? I do a lot of crafts myself. I will post photos in a separate post.

I notice that you placed your copyright on some of your art. Are you happy with your results, or would you still like me to send you each step with a graphic? I'm sorry that I haven't posted or emailed, but I had a rough weekend with some health issues and cluster headaches. (Plus the Nascar races take my attention away from many things quite easily!) Let me know exactly where you are having the problem if you still need guidance.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Here are some of my crafts:

1. Small Christmas broom decoration
    2 & 3. Tussie Mussies (little Victorian type decorations which can be put on drawer handles, Christmas trees, etc.)
    4. Boutonniere
    5. Mini fridge magnet. This one is a bee, but I make them for all kinds of insects and small mushroom birds.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    jrebel7, I love all the crafty ideas you have. :) Do you sell these pieces? I do a lot of crafts myself. I will post photos in a separate post.

I notice that you placed your copyright on some of your art. Are you happy with your results, or would you still like me to send you each step with a graphic? I'm sorry that I haven't posted or emailed, but I had a rough weekend with some health issues and cluster headaches. (Plus the Nascar races take my attention away from many things quite easily!) Let me know exactly where you are having the problem if you still need guidance.

Hugs, Didi
    Good to see you on here grammadidi! I'm glad you enjoyed the crafts I sent. I am anxious to see some of your crafts! Hope you feel like posting some soon! I am sorry you have had headaches. Those are miserable. Do these affect your vision? Sure hope you feel better. Not a great way to spend your weekend.

My son is an avid Nascar fan. The weekend we were in KCMO a few weekends ago, they were having Nascar races there. The city was jam packed. The tickets had been sold out for over a year, I understand.

No rush on help with the copyright. I can't understand why mine fades from dark to light, left to right. It is good sometimes when I post on the pencils unless I have a lot of dark and you can't view the first part. I didn't quite follow about the 100 and the opacity?? At least now, on the ones I want to copyright, I can do it as far as I took it anyway! Your instructions were of a great help to me. Also, you might have seen the one that looked so grainy. I don't remember if I went into another area and reset some settings without realizing it. I will try later to put the copyright on it again and see if I can fix the grainy look. Thanks so much! I appreciate your help but get over your headache and get to feeling better soon.

I have sold a few crafts but I generally do them for gifts. I sold some spoons and a spool. I will post some spools later. I would like to have information on the wooden spools if anyone could help with that. I think they came out of a factory but found them at a sale and thought they would be interesting to paint on.

Don't forget to post some of your craft items!! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
    I have a deep love for birds and in particular owls. The woodburned owl here was my first attempt. I was so proud of the way it turned out! It is only small (about 5 inches high or so). I wish I had of attempted a large one instead!

The other two 'birdhouses' are my medium and large sized bird fridge magnets. I even cut out all the pieces of wood for the little fences and glued them together... VERY time consuming! :D All of my insect and bird houses are different. No two are alike. Some birds are holding nesting material in their beaks, some are poking their heads (or tails) out of the holes, etc.

Hugs, Didi
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Here are some of my crafts:

1. Small Christmas broom decoration
    2 & 3. Tussie Mussies (little Victorian type decorations which can be put on drawer handles, Christmas trees, etc.)
    4. Boutonniere
    5. Mini fridge magnet. This one is a bee, but I make them for all kinds of insects and small mushroom birds.
    Grammadidi! I figured you for having a delicate touch... I was right. :) I don't have a delicate bone in my body! One of my instructors told me I had a bold stroke on my pencils. I have tried to be more delicate in my art because I admire it so much but to no avail. Your work is beautiful. Post more!! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Grammadidi! I figured you for having a delicate touch....I was right. :) I don't have a delicate bone in my body! One of my instructors told me I had a bold stroke on my pencils. I have tried to be more delicate in my art because I admire it so much but to no avail. Your work is beautiful. Post more!!! :)
    Hmmmm... Delicate? That is a real hoot, but thank you! Delicate is NOT at all how I see myself or my touch! Hahaha. Let me describe myself... I am (yes, even at 53 yrs of age) a tomboy. I still climb trees and catch frogs, for Pete's sake! :eek: I am a real kid at heart. In fact, you will usually find me with the elderly trying to stir up trouble, or with the kids having fun. I am EXTREMELY accident prone. I break toes and fall down on a regular basis. I suffer the most UNUSUAL accidents. I am somewhat loud... no, I take that back, I can be very loud. The only time I can remotely consider myself delicate is if I am trying to take a photo of an animal or bird in the wild and I am walking through the woods attempting to not disturb anything.

Many people who know me would laugh so hard hearing your description of me... myself included. :rolleyes: Hmmmm... maybe I need to take a closer look at my clumsy ol' self.

Thanks for the compliment, though. Perhaps there is a softer side of me that I am just beginning to get in touch with?

Hugs, Didi
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Some additional great stuff from grammadidi I see! I was wondering where you have been, Didi!
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
    ....Let me describe myself... I am (yes, even at 53 yrs of age) a tomboy. I still climb trees and catch frogs, for Pete's sake!

Hugs, Didi
    Ahhhh, I see! But, have you ever gone seining for crawdads? :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Grammadidi, we must be soul mates! LOL I ride a motor cycle, have since I was 14, hunt, fish, am always stirring up trouble around my mother and her friends at the NH. Have been snake bitten while fishing, got hit by a truck while riding my motor cycle (while in college, not my fault... the guy was cited for not yielding!! ), I catch frogs and put them in a terrarium for the grandchildren to watch. I even catch food for them, for the frogs not the grandchildren. LOL Well, a surprise at every turn. When I saw your work on the flowers, it just seemed so delicate. I did remember as I saw those, your other work, and it was bold and introspective. I stand corrected! :) However, anyone who works with flowers, I tend to think of them as having a delicate touch because flowers are so difficult for me to work with whether arranging or painting, much less growing. I loved hearing about your life. I would love hearing more about the other artists also. I love viewing the work but along with that, knowing about the artist, makes the work so much more meaningful to me.

In my younger days, I broke my arm, doing a cart wheel off a fire hydrant, cracked the same foot twice, once trying to jump over a pile of bricks. I didn't make it. I sure thought I could though! LOL I always have taught my chidren to believe they can accomplish anything they set their mind to. I did caution them a few times though. Didn't want them getting hurt like I did. LOL Thanks for sharing a fun note.

Artists, maybe you would share a few things about yourselves? I would love that.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Grammadidi, we must be soul mates! LOL I ride a motor cycle, have since I was 14, hunt, fish, am always stirring up trouble around my mother and her friends at the NH. Have been snake bitten while fishing, got hit by a truck while riding my motor cycle (while in college, not my fault......the guy was cited for not yielding!!!)
    Were you hurt when you were hit by the truck?

I'm not a motorcycle rider now. But, when I was in the 5th grade, I was hit by a car while riding on the back of a motor cycle. The car hit me, not the motor cycle! It broke my leg.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Grammadidi, we must be soul mates! LOL
    Water seeks it's own level. It is a basic law of physics. It is the same with people. I don't think that there is any accident as to why certain people come together.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Clough, yes, I was hurt but not too badly. I was on the main thoroughfare, the driver of the truck was at a stop sign but tried to get across the street and just as I was about to hit the truck broadside, I turned in with the truck. The bike hooked onto the truck then when he was on his brakes, the bike let go and I slid on the street on my back. I remember thinking, "chin to chest, chin to chest!" to keep from having a head injury. I was taken to the ER and the police called my brother to meet us out there. My parents were out of town. I was in a bit of shock and it pulled the ligaments in my foot, the same foot I had cracked twice before! Just had x-rays and they wrapped the foot and had to keep it that way for weeks. The bike was messed up but got it fixed.

I cringed when I read your post that the car hit you and it broke your leg. OUCH! Did it heal okay? Does it still give you trouble? That must have been traumatic for you at that age. Isn't it amazing how each of us have had such diverse lives, yet similar experiences and now here we are, strangers becoming friends as we share art and life! Life is good!
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Ahhhh, I see! But, have you ever gone seining for crawdads? :)
    Ummmmm... no... I NEVER use a net! :) Funny you should ask. I used to have an aquarium with 1" rainbow trout and 5 crawdads. The crayfish (crawdads) would climb up on the rocks at night and sing the most unusual songs to me! It was so very beautifully strange!

Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Water seeks it's own level. It is a basic law of physics. It is the same with people. I don't think that there is any accident as to why certain people come together.
    Interesting thought Clough!

A reason, a season or a lifetime? Friendships!
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Grammadidi, we must be soul mates!
    Oh, yes, we sure do sound like soul sisters! :) Thank you so much for sharing! It is so much fun to read about each other. Helps to identify people more with their work.

I too, would love to hear more about the artists posting here.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Very insightful, Craig. I totally agree.

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:19 PM
    You gals are getting ahead of me here!
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Well Clough, you better hurry and catch up with us!

I just posted a pic of me on my new bike (well it was new four years ago or so). I bought it just before I quit working outside the home. My husband doesn't ride so I figured I better purchase one while I had the money because after being off work, I figured unless I sold a lot of art work, money would not be plentiful in my account. LOL
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the compliment, though. Perhaps there is a softer side of me that I am just beginning to get in touch with?

Hugs, Didi
    I know that there is a softer side to you, Didi! I can tell it by the art in which you express yourself and the things that you say when you post. Just the fact that you end with "Hugs, Didi" speaks volumes in itself!

At one of the grade schools where I was a music teacher, I had to play for all of the children's masses. The priest said that he could tell a lot about what kind of person I was by the way that I played.

We can tell a lot about how you are, Didi, by your art and the things that you say. Artists know how to "read" each other! Oh also, there is an art in the way someone writes things. Maybe writing is something else that should also be included in this thread. But then again, maybe not. There is already a Writing topic section on this site. But, maybe it would work in this thread also.

I am glad that firmbeliever started this thread! It really seems to be a topic in and of itself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search