Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:07 PM
    "Ultimate Trust", (the dog and girl was a commission piece), by couple from KCMO. She worked at the vet clinic where this dog was brought in after it had been tied to a stop sign with rope and shot. It chewed through the rope, fell into a dry creek bed... was found, nursed back to health and developed trust once again with the workers and veterinarian. It made national news and money poured in and offers to adopt "Duncan". My husband did not agree with what I named the piece but trust is such an important issue in anyone's life, whether person or animal, I felt it was appropriate.

"Sweet Memories of Home", the house in which my mother grew up. It is in the country in MO.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Now, I am wondering too about the posting of images on this thread. I intend to do so as I have mentioned previously. But, I would appreciate it if someone would guide me in the way to post images, with text that I might write about them, above them, in-between them and also below them in the same post, please. Is this even possible? Thank you!
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 12, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Good idea, chek. I was also thinking... I know they can print onto a thin layer of edible icing (like on those fancy cakes), so I imagine they could print onto almost anything (plastic, different fabrics, thin metals, rubber, etc) and it could be decoupaged onto the mannequin. I think the cloth idea could be expanded upon to include all different kinds of fabrics, which could add to the creativity of the mannequin idea.

Didi
    Say, Didi,
    You know I have boxes of "stuff" all over the place. I collect anything, broken bits of toys (for use on my PM machine) fabric, unusual papers and odd bits of plastic and metal shapes... whatever! I also have a few bags of stuffing or batting lying around somewhere. The reason I got the batting is because once I saw this picture in a book; it was a picture of Bette Midler. To my surprise, I was pleasantly taken aback to find that it was not a picture of Bette Midler, but a picture of a life size doll that looked just like her! Wow! I thought, now how kewel is that? In the picture the lifesize doll of Bette Midler was sitting in a chair with her legs crossed, a cigarette in her hand and her head tipped flirtatiously, back. She looked so real! Then when I read how and what the doll was made of, well, that really blew me away.
    It was mostly made of nylon stuffed with batting and sewn up by needle and thread. The nylon, was pinched here and there and stitched in place till the right shape was attained. I tell you, the way they stuffed the legs... well... that was done so well that they perfected a pair of really hot and realistic looking legs! So that's another project I have in mind to undertake... producing lifesize dolls of relatives or famous people. And I think it would be so much fun dressing them up in really sharp, stylish clothes.

My response to you about printing the photo on cloth made me think about that Bette Midler doll. I'm an artist and I can carve or do sculpture so fashioning realistic faces from cloth wouldn't be much of a problem for me. BUT, I'm also a little short on patience so if there's anyway I can cut down on the process, I'm up for that. A face printed on cloth... could turn the trick... don't you think? And don't you think this is such a cool idea? Patty
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Now, I am wondering too about the posting of images on this thread. I intend to do so as I have mentioned previously. But, I would appreciate it if someone would guide me in the way to post images, with text that I might write about them, above them, in-between them and also below them in the same post, please. Is this even possible? Thank you!
    I don't know about placing text in between each image but would also like to know. When I included the images, I should have put the description in the body of the e-mail in which I sent the images instead of in postings after. The descriptions were an after thought. I'm learning.

Oct 13, 2007, 10:46 AM

Let's see if this works for you!
    Attached Images

Oct 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
    I was just playing with it to see how it can be done here and the only way I came up with was to do it all in Psp. that's paint shop pro. I have a very old version and refuse to move on to the newer more updated versions that are probably out there (whatever it is now, ver.11?), because I know this program inside and out and don't want to be bothered with learning the newer versions, right now. I'm sure I could refine it more, but I accomplished what I wanted and that was to see if it could be done. Now that I know it can, I'm sure you can make it even better.
    I don't see the point right now in detailing exactly how I did it, because I don't know if you even have or use Psp. But seems to me, all graphic programs do pretty much the same thing as far as something like this less complicated procedure, goes.
    So know that it can be done. Patty
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    I was just playing with it to see how it can be done here and the only way I came up with was to do it all in Psp., that's paint shop pro. I have a very old version and refuse to move on to the newer more updated versions that are probably out there (whatever it is now, ver.11?), because I know this program inside and out and don't want to be bothered with learning the newer versions, right now. I'm sure I could refine it more, but I accomplished what I wanted and that was to see if it could be done. Now that I know it can, I'm sure you can make it even better.
    I don't see the point right now in detailing exactly how I did it, because I don't know if you even have or use Psp. But seems to me, all graphic programs do pretty much the same thing as far as something like this less complicated procedure, goes.
    So know that it can be done. Patty
    Thanks for answering my questions, Patty!

So, are the beaded images that you posted with text included, just one, big image, that includes the text?

I don't don't have Paint Shop Pro. But, I do have some simple programs for editing images. I know that I can also add text if I want, on the images, but not above or below them.

>>>Edit<<< I can see now that you have posted two images with text basically above or below the pictures in the images.

Oct 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Thanks for answering my questions, Patty!

So, are the beaded images that you posted with text included, just one, big picture, that includes the text?

I don't don't have Paint Shop Pro. But, I do have some simple programs for editing images. I know that I can also add text if I want, on the images, but not above or below them.
    Here's a brief (hopefully) run down of what I did so you can get an idea where to start using your graphic program.

In PCP, I went to file, clicked "New." This "new" I clicked on was actually asking me for a new "image" setting. But that made no difference to me because I know this will allow me to do what I want to do as far as achieving the paper size I want. When the next window opened, it was labeled "Image Dimensions." Again, I couldn't care less about that word "Image" that keeps coming up. So now this new window requires that I fill in the blanks for "height," resolution and dpi settings. I keyed in 8 and 1/2 " by 11" for the width and height and then keyed in 72 for the resolution. Then I clicked OK. Now, a nice white screen pops all set and ready to go. Here, in this white area is where I am going to paste my small photos. I say small because the size area I have to work with is roughly only an 8 and 1/2 by 11inch area... so logically, how many photos can you paste on a regular sheet of paper that size? After making allowances for text, maybe 3, tops if you go with anything in the neighborhood of 3 by 4". Of course if you use even smaller photos you can fit even more pics on the page if you like. If your photos aren't small enough, just open them up and resize them to a smaller size but save as photo B so you don't ruin your original.
    Next find your file where you keep the photo you want to bring into that ". Of course if you use even smaller photos you can fit even more pics on the page if you like. If your photos aren't small enough, just open them up and resize them to a smaller size but save as photo B so you don't ruin your original.
    Next find your file where you keep the photo you want to bring into that " image area we set up, up above, open it up, resize it if necessary as the forum won't accept it if it's too big. I resize mine by "pixels" and scroll up or down to around 750 pixels (or under), as that is the size that the "Manage Attachments" section likes working with. If you keep your photos under 750 pixels and resolution down to 72 dpi, they'll always go through.

Once you resize your photo, save it in that new size under the same file name but add a "b" to it so as not to mess up the original photo file. Do this with all the photos you want to put on that one page. Here's how you get the photo's into the new image area (that nice white area mentioned above): open your photo, click "edit", then click "copy." Now forget about that pic for one sec. Move your cursor over to the white image area and click anywhere in there to highlight it, letting the computer know that you are about to work there. Once it is highlighted, go back to "edit" click "paste" then after you click "paste" you need to click on "as new selection." The second you click on "as new selection" you will suddenly find that you have a picture stuck to your cursor that is moving as your cursor moves. DON'T click anymore till AFTER you have that photo sitting in that part of the white image area where you WANT IT! Once you click your mouse; that's where your picture will stay! If you accidentally did click your mouse, and it wound up where you didn't want it on that page... simply go back up top to "edit" and click on "undo paste" and it will be gone. Then click on "redo paste" but ONLY AFTER YOU GET THE PICTURE SITUATED WHERE YOU WANT IT. That's important.
    Usually when you paste photos in this way -- "as a new selection" -- a kind of moving outline of dashes wrap around the photo like neons lights which annoy me to no end, so I get rid of that by going up top and opening the "selections" menu and clicking on "hide marquee" and that gets rid of that. I don't know what your setup is or what program you will use to do this, but there must be some way that it will work pretty near the same way as the way PSP works. I certainly hope so. At least you have an idea as to what has to be done.
    About the text part: PSP has a text tool. I simply positioned it in that same white area as where I pasted in the photo, and typed in what I wanted to say. I hope this helps in some way. Let me know! Patty
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Aren't I good? Only took mr a couple of hours.

Nah just joking, I'm actuall pretty good at drawing on paper, and somewhat decent on the computer for making graphics for games

If I can find any or if I can get my scanner working, ill upload them

Oct 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    Aren't i good? only took mr a couple of hours.

nah just joking, im actuall pretty good at drawing on paper, and somewhat decent on the computer for making graphics for games

If i can find any or if i can get my scanner working, ill upload them

Hey, don't knock it... that stuff sells big time in museums across America; they call it impressionism... LOL! Nice to to meet you and I :D am looking forward to seeing your stuff!
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Yes, you are good! The detail is incredible and there is even a theme to the drawing! What do you call it, please?

:)

Aren't i good? only took mr a couple of hours.

nah just joking, im actuall pretty good at drawing on paper, and somewhat decent on the computer for making graphics for games

If i can find any or if i can get my scanner working, ill upload them
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Hey, don't knock it ... that stuff sells big time in museums across America; they call it impressionism ... LOL! Nice to to meet you and I :D am looking forward to seeing your stuff!

Ya I will never understand how like scribbles are so beautiful and stuff but oh well. And nice to meet you too

And Clough, I call it "A Boy and his Rock"
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
    and Clough, i call it "A Boy and his Rock"
    That is really catchy, you know? :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Hey everyone!
    Thought I would just post a few pics of a few fun little crafts that I do. My pencil drawings are my passion but I enjoy doing spoons, gourds, plates, glasses, jewelry, etc. I have posted the front and back side of a couple of spoons. They can hang just lay on a table. Because they are finished with polycrylic, they could be used to serve with but would need to be hand washed and dried, not placed in a dishwasher, same with the plates. I will post broaches and other pieces mentioned in this post in following post. The broaches are made from broken pieces of jewelry. The plate with the mother and child was done with a picture from a Victorian Calender, the backing with the thin wrapping tissue paper. The roses came from wrapping paper. The Santa's came from wrapping paper. I hand painted the tropical fish plate and all the trim on the others. They have to be reverse painted. I have done others but have given them as gifts.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
    These were referred to in earlier post. The broaches are made from broken pieces of jewelry. The plate with the mother and child was done with a picture from a Victorian Calender, the backing with the thin wrapping tissue paper. The roses came from wrapping paper. The Santa's came from wrapping paper.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Your creative ideas seem to be limitless, jrebel7!

What did you use to hold the broken pieces of jewelry together, please?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Clough,
    I am wondering that too.

Maybe I will send JR, my broken pieces too and get a new piece done.Lovely work.

And Sgt,
    Art is not limited, it can be in any form or texture... etc.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Your creative ideas seem to be limitless, jrebel7!!

What did you use to hold the broken pieces of jewelry together, please?
    I would love to take credit for being creative, however I have seen spoons painted at craft shows and just took them to a little different level. For the jewelry, I used a piece of flat wood, sort of half moon shape. I used an adhesive called E6000. It is a clear multi-purpose self-leveling formula. I purchased it at our local craft store. It is the best I have ever used for jewelry. I purchased a little package of pins for such at the local craft store and glued one on the back of the wood piece and had a simple little piece of jewelry that allowed me to still enjoy the memories of the jewelry rather than have pieces laying in a drawer.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Clough,
    I am wondering that too.

Maybe I will send JR, my broken pieces too and get a new piece done.Lovely work.

And Sgt,
    Art is not limited, it can be in any form or texture...etc.
    FB, sounds like a plan!! :) Glad you liked it.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    I would love to take credit for being creative, however I have seen spoons painted at craft shows and just took them to a little different level. For the jewelry, I used a piece of flat wood, sort of half moon shape. I used an adhesive called E6000. It is a clear multi-purpose self-leveling formula. I purchased it at our local craft store. It is the best I have ever used for jewelry. I purchased a little package of pins for such at the local craft store and glued one on the back of the wood piece and had a simple little piece of jewelry that allowed me to still enjoy the memories of the jewelry rather than have pieces laying in a drawer.
    You mention formula. Is this some kind of epoxy? Would it allow the jewelry to be worn, like maybe as part of a necklace without out the jewelry falling apart?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search