Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slaughterhouse6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2004, 08:05 PM
    Shut down and boot up of lap top
    I have an older IBM Thinkpad 390X running Windows 2000 Professional. For some reason, when I start my computer, it takes several tries of turning it on and off and taking it through several shutdowns before it functions correctly. For example, when I click on my desktop icons, nothing happens - I don't even get the hourglass. I try to go to Start> then programs and still doesn't work. Once I've turned gone through several shutdowns and start ups, then it seems to work. I do seem to notice that when I try to shutdown, I do very frequently get a message that says that Norton Antivirus is not responding, so I have to End Now. I also seem to get a sgtray.exe not responding as well.

Can anyone help point me to where I can even start to look for he problem? Thanks!
    flar30 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2004, 02:36 PM
    Shut down and boot up of lap top
    You may have some viruses on you computer try to reinstall norton and do a system check. If the damage is too severe you might have to reformat your hardrive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/c fan doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a company install some cellulose insulation in my house. Since then, my air conditioning unit does not shut off until I turn up the temperature button to 80. Is it possible that something could be in the attic coils that makes the fan unit not shut off?

Shut down problem [ 7 Answers ]

I cannot shut down or restart unless I use "turn off" twice. On the first time the desktop becomes gray and that's all/ XP+sp2 and with all updates THANKS

Shut down [ 3 Answers ]

In my windows98 SE system, it is not showing "safe to shut down window" after I install some software or hardware to restart the computer or shut down the computer. It is struck at processing shut down. Please reply.

Shut down [ 2 Answers ]

HI, My computer will not shut down from the start menu. Tom Windows 98 se When I want to shut down I go to start hit The shutdown dot. What I see is screen gets A little checkerboard like and screen changes To the shutdown window saying windows is

View more questions Search