Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2005, 10:57 AM
    Cutting slab for drain.
    Any advice for cutting slab near the perimeter for 2" and 4" drain pipes so it doesn't break off at the perimeter?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2005, 11:26 AM
    Hey Flick,

I use a jackhammer for the heavy stuff but when I get around a area where a jackhammer could damage anything I put a masonry blade in my skill saw to complete the cut. Good luck, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2005, 11:37 AM
    You may even want to rent a heavy saw for the project.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2005, 12:21 PM
    Thanks, guys. Happen to have a few abrasive blades for the fine cuts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor drain on slab [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon to all. Recently began to remodel a small bath on a slab. Problem. Bath is on a slab, it only has a shower and toilet. I have removed shower and would like to install a vanity and toilet only. All the walls are concrete block, and concrete slab floor. There was not vanity before and...

Bathtub Drain concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just finishing up the basment. The bath drain is roughed in. My problem is the rough-in is on the wrong side. I want the bathtub installed with the plumbing fitures on the same wall as the toilet. Can I run a drain line under the tub?

Tub drain - slab - leak [ 1 Answers ]

I searched and searched but couldn't find anything here onthis problem Here's my problem - Raised foundation/Slab Florida Home 1949 Construction The junction where the tub overflow and tub drain meet looks disintegrated. There is an area of slab cut away from this and the water is just...

Shower drain on slab? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm helping a friend remodel his basement bathroom, including a new tile shower and replacing the toilet. The old shower was a metal unit and the shower drain is set into the concrete. I'll be putting a new pan in and would like to replace the drain (same location), but am not sure how to connect...

Shower drain in slab [ 2 Answers ]

Can I build up the shower base and use elbows to route the shower drain to the right location, or do I have to rip the floor out, or custom build my own shower base... I believe it was placed for a tube, and I can't find any shower bases that the drain lines up with... any suggestions?

View more questions Search