Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleffer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2004, 01:23 PM
    Disabling Volume Controls
    I have a PC running Win XP Pro that serves as an audible alarm. The problem is that the wonderfully... umm... smart people that use it keep turning it down.. :-/??

I need to disable all of the software volume controls on it so that they can no longer do this. I have gotten rid of the volume control panel, however there are two other places that they still have access to.

In Start-->Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices-->Volume, there is the "Device Volume" slider that allows them to alter the volume.

Also, if you click on "Speaker Volume" in the Speaker Settings panel in the that same window, it brings up yet another volume control section.

I've been wading through the registry but have yet to find anything worth-while. If anyone can lend their expertise, it would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
    sandeep8000861 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 08:36 PM

Hi Cleffer,

Please use this utility to disable volume control for certain users.

Volume control utility - VolumeLock

Sandeep

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disabling Right Click and Run [ 5 Answers ]

I want to disable my right click and my run command in my PC.. Is there a way I can do it without having a software? Any reply will be appreciated.. Tnx..

Disabling Volume Controls [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC running Win XP Pro that serves as an audible alarm. The problem is that the wonderfully... umm... smart people that use it keep turning it down.. :-/?? I need to disable all of the software volume controls on it so that they can no longer do this. I have gotten rid of the volume...

View more questions Search