Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris89 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Fluctuations in Heart Rhythm
    My pulse rate is about 1 beat per second while breathing out slowly or while not breathing in or out, but when I breath in it will skyrocket to about 2-3 times a second... is this normal??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 06:26 PM
    How old are you? This can be normal for certain ages. Where are you taking your pulse? Your apical pulse is the most accurate.
    chris89 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Hah I'm only 18 :S. I was measuring from my wrist using 2 fingers, but I first noticed it just lying in bed listening to my heart.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 23, 2007, 09:18 PM
    It may be sinus arrhythmia - which is normal.

Any associated chest discomfort, trouble breathing, dizzyness needs to be evaluated.

Grace and Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart To Heart (BBC News) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHD Devotees, Just thought I'd share this news story with everyone as I thought it was pretty fantastic! BBC NEWS | Health | Woman face-to-face with own heart Goes to show how important organ donation can be! :) And this one, that literally made my skin crawl;

Programmable Thermostat, Major Temperature Fluctuations [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a NOMA Programmable Thermostat yesterday and are having problems with current temperature reading fluctuations. Watching the thermostat this morning the current temp went from 17.2 to 23.4 to 19.6 and back down to 17.4 all within a couple of minutes. Does the thermostat need time...

Rhythm gone bad [ 1 Answers ]

In the last year, By the way I'm 55 yrs old. When I make love and have orgasm,my rhythm is all screwed up, when I should be thrusting inward, my pelvic is going outward and her and I are out of sync for the fin-alley of the love making. I feel that the pumping action of the prostate has slowed...

Heart [ 2 Answers ]

I am experiencing a pins and needles sensation through my whole body when moving around?

The Heart [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have two questions The first is:Does blood flow to the heart muscle during contraction or relaxation? The second is:What are problems associated with a hole in the heart? Thanks:)

View more questions Search