Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acast2101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Colorado probation transfer to Texas
    I have a domestic violence case on me, pending if I complete 1 year probation anger management classes and parenting classes.

I spoke with my probation officer to get a transfer back to Texas, he told me to get a job and not to worry. Well I get in contact with the probation office here in Texas they deny me after a month of dealing with these people I have a job I am taking care of business with my family. Now my probation officer is wanting me to quit my job to go over there while the transfer is started again. I won't have any money or a place to stay or a car. I am here in Texas still therefore breaking my probation,

MY QUESTION:
    What happens once a warrant is issued in Colorado on my name can I get a lawyer here and get bonded so that I won't go to jail and stay here in my home state?

I don't have a record no history of violence I am worried and scared what should I do?

Please anyone help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Maybe ? Normally what happens is you will be arrested and taken back to Colorado to be in front of the judge there.
    I think there was some miscommunication between you and the PO, to get a transfer normally takes several months, your state has to OK it, then a request to the other state, You get a job and arrange a place to live before you move, then they run the request and you never move intill it is all aproved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Im entirely frustrated. I am stuck in Texas, with no friends, family, and support. When I first moved down here, I caught a felony charge dealing with someone I thought was a friends. I then pursued to toughing it out for the next 2 1/2 years, with no satisfaction or results. Im fed up and...

Probation transfers in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how long it would take for someone with a felony to be transferred fron Texas to Montana?

Probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

What's up whoever is reading this. Answer only if you know about probation tranfers.I have a friend who on probation in n.y. and in n.j. he really lives in n.j.. But n.y. thinks he lives at his aunts house in n.y.. See when he was arrested for the charge in n.y.. he had a case already pending in...

Probation transfer from AZ to CA [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My brother has unsupervised probation in Mohave County AZ and he would like to have it transferred to San Diego County. He will be moving out here and living with me. How do we go about making this happen? And how long does it usually take?

View more questions Search