Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denalido_right Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Thick black smoke out of stack?
    Hi I have a oil fired forced air furnace, I just cleaned it it was past due,I cleaned the blower ,the gun I removed and replaced the nozzle and cleaned the soot off the gun itself ,replaced the filter that is inline from the tank and now it is runnig fine but it is smokeing ,really black thick smokwe out the stack,what and why??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 09:40 AM
    You are running to rich. Readjust the burner. You might need more air OR less fuel.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
    I had a similar problem when I was extreamly low on oil
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Are you sure the new nozzle was the right one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&S 20HP Vanguard V> Black smoke when engaging mower Deck [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I am new to site... I have a john deere lawn tractor with Briggs 20 hp vanguard Twin motor. When I either go from idel up to full throttle fast or I am at full throttle and engage mower deck, then engine surges and black smoke billows out. I have replace the crank breather and...

Black smoke at Full Throttle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Garden Tractor w/ a Kohler 25 hp engine. Recently,we had the fuel solenoid replaced (this problem was correctly diagnosed by NEWAUKUDOM! Thanks!) and since we have it gotten back, the engine burns black smoke (rightside seated), especially under load. Checked the plugs, heavy oil...

Lawn-mower blowing black smoke upon cold pull [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Yard Machine push mower purchased new from home depot about 1.5 years ago. I keep it well oiled and it get used about once a week. Lately it's been working at about 75% and upon the first pull, black smoke comes out of the exhaust. I put new oil in a few weeks ago but not sure if that's...

1990 terrano import blowing black smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hope someone can help me with this problem I just bought an automatic 1990 Nissan Terrano with the 2.7L turbo diesel engine. When I first start it up while it is cold it drives perfect. Absolutely no problems. After the engine temps rise the trouble starts. From a stop I start to go and...

92 Honda Civic - black smoke for a few minutes after starting on a cold day [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honda Civic 92 with twin cabi. In the past few months, every morning the engine starts normally for a few minutes, then the black smoke comes out of the exhaust, at the same time the idle is dropping and the engine is shacking. These symptoms appeared at the same time. If I rip up the...

View more questions Search