Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leogirl1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
    My husband says he is confused
    My husband tells me he is confused. He has feelings for another women but he still has feelings for me. We have been together for 21 years. We have 3 children the youngest is 14. He says that he is still attracted to me but in a different way and isn't sure if it is enough. He has moved out with a friend. When he visits us he says it is to see the kids but on a couple of occasions we have hugged or kissed it seems that he still loves me. He says that he doesn't want to give me false hopes but I still feel that there is hope. What can I do to remind him of the good times we have shared and how good we can be together, I think we just let our relationship get stale and the other woman made him feel special and I was too caught up with day to day life to see what was happening.

I desperately want to win him back but I have never had to do anything like this before I don't know what to do. He tells me that he is a pr... k and I am better off without him and that he feels guilty for hurting me but he also felt that by not saying anything was living a lie. Despite all this I still love him and would take him back in an instant.

What advice to you give me

.:confused:
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Sep 22, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Have you considered marriage counseling? That would be the best road to take if the other partner is willing. This way you can see were both your problems lay and work on fixing them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Less worry about him and more caring for you. You cannot control how he feels and you certainly cannot build a life on his feelings now. Build your life around you and your children and whether he changes or not is up to him. Whether you have a happy and healthy life is up to you. You cannot wait for him, so do what is best for you and your children now and let life take its own course. Sorry I can't encourage you more as I know you want him back.
    bright_stone Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2007, 10:27 AM
    If he is a good man and you don't want to lose him, ask him what he would like to have different in your marriage and then do it. Simple. If you do this, and he still strays away, he just wanted out anyway.
    Don't forever beat yourself up for neglecting your marriage while raising your children/working. It happens. Just apologize to your spouse, and work to do your part now. And also important, watch your words to your children, concerning this situation. Let your words be full of grace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused Loving my husband [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know where to start. In Feb of this year my husband started staying out, he was drinking a lot at the time, he said he was making money?? This was going off and on he even told me one time that he "used to love me", he said I was a loud mouth female etc. All during the time that he was...

Confused husband what can I do [ 11 Answers ]

Hi , well I've been writing about this a lot lately but me and my husband got married because I was pregnant but we loved each other dearly he is in the military well I went home for a week and I lost the baby he doesn't believe I was pregnant at all and since then our marriage has been awefull its...

Confused by husband [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my husband have a wonderful relationship. We communicate very well with each other. Last night he told me that he is getting bored of our nighttime rountine. We usually will put our son to bed, watch a movie, or just talk, then I will take a bath (it relaxes me) then we go to bed. I...

Confused husband [ 3 Answers ]

I am married 9 years.I have 2 young kids I caught my wife having an affair in October.it is still going on but she still lives at home and spends 2 nights aweek with her lover.I have to get out of the situation but not sure what my legal rights are.if I move out am I going to lose my kids.I am the...

My husband [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know why my don't want sex. We;v been maryed for 11 years. And when we do have sex I do all the work he dose nothing but lyse there he come in from work and sat around until is time to go to bed .but before he goose to bed he eats sweet at night and fills his stomach so full that it...

View more questions Search