Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courtcourt072 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
    The # of fish a fish tank can hold.
    The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
    All you have to do is find the volume of the tank and divide by 10,000.

You'll probably get something that is not divisible by 10,000. Round down because you can't have a fraction of a fish :)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I was told one ince of fish per gallon of the tank
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:40 AM
    There are 3785.41 cubic centimeters in a gallon. Check it out. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cloudy fish tank [ 22 Answers ]

Hello , I recently got a new hobby... a 30 gallon aquarium.I have had it about 2 months. Initially I put in 6 gold fish,3 red cap orandas and 3 gold fish. I then went and bought ranchu(fat one) and bought 2 plecos(algea eaters) and 3 apple snails. All are fine, except that 2 of the snails died...

Fish Tank Care [ 3 Answers ]

We have five tropical mollies in a ten gallon fish tank. There is some strange white, almost translucent debris that has settled over the gravel at the bottom of the tank. What is that?

Crisis in my fish tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name Janet and I am having a crisis in my fish tank. I have a 29 gallon fish tank with 2 angels, 3 tiger barbs, 1 swordtail, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 kribensis, 2 tetras and 3 frogs. I had 2 bala sharks that got sick after maybe 2 days in my tank with ich, so I treated them with prevent ich,...

Cloudy Fish Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 50 gallon tank. Wasn't cloudy until I discovered one of the little sharks dead, caught in the filter thingy I removed the dead fish and added the treatment chemicals? What's next I have nine other fish I don't want to die. HELP! I'm new at this fish stuff, so please answer question...

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

View more questions Search