Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dfranklin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Heat pump blower does not cycle off.
    My problem I believe is with the blower control on a heat pump. With the thermostat in COOL or AUTO, the outdoor unit stops as expected when the temperature setpoint is reached. But the blower does not stop running. It continues to run as if it's in a manual run control. If the breaker to blower unit is switched off and back on, the blower stops and will not run until the thermostat calls for the outdoor unit to turn on again, then the blower is back on and won't turn off again.
    The blower speed is higher when the outdoor unit is running but I think this is normal.
    Where should I start looking to troubleshoot this? It's run all summer this way - mainly because the system did continue to cool and the service guys are all so swamped.
    Any advise received will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Don
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
    What type of system do you have and how old is it.

Sep 23, 2007, 11:06 AM
    First of all, thank you for your consideration on my question. To answer your question, I have listed below all the components of my system the best that I can tell:
    (1) outdoor heat pump: International Comfort Products model NHP042ACC2. This unit was installed in 2004 and replaced the original heat pump installed with the home.
    (1) under the house blower unit: Heil model nos. BH5048SKA1, H2B548A3S1. 1/2 HP.
    (1) Carrier Weathermaker Two-Zone controller installed at the blower unit.
    (2) indoor Totaline digital/non programmable thermostats

Please let me know if there is any additional information that's needed. Thanks, Don

Sep 23, 2007, 11:08 AM
    T-Top. Sorry I negleted to includes how old the other components of the system are. The heat pump was installed in 2004 but all the remaining components were installed (I assume) in 1993.

So the entire system, excluding the heat pump, is 14 yrs old.
    Thanks, Don
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
    It sounds like you have a fan relay that is sticking closed, if you have a volt meter you could check this and see if it has voltage on the contacts of the coil when this is happening, if not then replace the relay. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heat pump blower intermittent failure in ac [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, hope you can help with this I have a goodman heat pump (package unit, air source) and here's the problem. When the tstat is set to on evap. Motor( blower) waits approx. 10 sec. then engages turn it back to auto waits approx 90 sec shuts off. Now with the tstat in cool posistion fan set to auto...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Ductless A/C with Heat Pump - Heat pump does not come on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The A/C works great but in the morning when its cool outside and I switch on the Heat the indoor unit makes a clicking sound and the fan stays off - after about 8 minutes I switch to A/C I get a rush of ice cold air along with some mist. Seems like when I switch to heat the indoor unit...

Heat Pump Blower Motor Stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Rheem heat pump. The blower motor on the outside unit stopped running. It seemed to only run at about half speed for a couple of minutes then get hot and stop. I replaced the motor and both capacitors. This motor runs at full speed but gets hot and stops after a couple of minutes....

Blower on top of heat pump not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman heat pump that is less than 2 years old and has worked well up until a couple of days ago. Now, the air conditioning and the heat will not work, but the fan and furnace still works. After checking things out myself for small problems with the electrical box, etc, I noticed that...

View more questions Search