Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acw Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Thanks Captain...

Anti-social?. haha... no... not at all... just a little cynical about the criminal justice system. Sometimes its difficult to get across the intended "spirit" of a post in a few sentences and words. Sorry if I went off on a tangent.

Temptation is a battle that everyone must grapple with. My choice on breaking the law versus not... is to Stay away from violating the law "and" avoiding any situation that might led to my compromise. This is not easy in our society.

Thanks for your comments...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    ...Then, I'd like all to note a subtle change in the thread, from the potential stifling of opportunities available to felons to, now, the apparent anti-social twist.

....etc

The ultimate question is how you deal with any given temptation when confronted by it. Let your conscience be your guide and hope you make only the right choices.

Sep 25, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Thanks bud... that's encouraging...

BTW... to what do you attribute your success at finding Work?

I thought when you have a record... its next to impossible to get work?

Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello acw:

It's difficult because people don't usually trust someone who has broken the law.

However, I do know excons who have jobs. Imagine that? Yes, I suppose they had to work a little harder to get them. But they DID get them. I think I even know some who drive trucks. As a matter of fact, they offered a CDL course in the latest joint I was in.

excon

PS> Actually, I have never had trouble getting a job..... I dunno why.

Sep 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Thanks Bush... appreciate the encouragement...

Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Acw If you are interested in driving OTR try a small trucking service. I work for a small company and we have a few felons, that have worked for us for quite a few years. These are people that made mistakes served their time and are very dependable employees. Good Luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by acw
    I thought when you have a record....its next to impossible to get work?
    Hello again, acw:

Nope, just harder.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Having a criminal record makes it difficult or impossible to acquire any type of professional license, whether it be to practice medicine or law, teach children, drive a truck or cut hair. The state lumps all types of professional licenses issued by them into one pot and will not grant one to someone with a felony conviction.
    cspotrun413 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Ok, my perspective is that it's not just the possibility of drug trafficking. You have to remember. A semi-truck and trailer are worth a lot of money, so is the load. It's a big responsibility. Yes there is insurance to pay for losses, but the rates go up with claims too.

Also, an 80,000 lb speeding bullet... in the hands of anyone irresponsible scares the crap out of me. That could hurt/kill so many people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If someone could please just answer this.. [ 8 Answers ]

How in the world are you supposed to get over someone that you love?:(

Can someone answer me! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I would like to known that what's wrong with me... My problem is that I got my period 2 weeks late. 2nd, I had only brownish blood cloth for 3 days and then it stopped. 3rd, I got well for 3 days than later I started my period I think and unitl now I am losing blood I don't know why....

I'm Need an answer! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, Im 19yrs old, And I think I might be pregnant! Two weeks ago I started to get light Headed and feel faint. I was getting headaches, and stomach aches. I thought I had the flu, But then my laundry soap made me sick to smell it. So I took a test and it was a negative. Then later in...

Will you tell me the answer to this? [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one please tell me the answer to this question What does g(x)=2x, h(x)=x^2+4 equal?:confused:

View more questions Search