Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil_j Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2005, 02:06 PM
    Leaky washer faucet
    After thinking it was my hose leaking I came to realize the leak is coming from the knob of the faucet stem where it goes into the fauce. All advice is needed and appreciated!
    Little j
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2005, 02:34 PM
    No problem.
    The nut on the hose bibs stem is called a bonnet packing nut.
    Turn the Valve on until water starts to leak out around the stem. Now take a pair of pliers and begain to slowly tighten the nut clockwise. Stop tightening when the leak stops. Simple Huh? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky Bathtub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanadyne (I've been told this is now Moen) bathtub faucet that leaks out of the spout when it is turned off. I'm not sure how to describe the faucet other than it is a single-handle that I pull away from the wall and then turn right or left to adjust the water temperature. It looks...

Faucet behind my washer leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The hot water faucet leaks when I use my washer. I have turned the faucet off, but it still leaks. Only when the washer is in use. It is leaking from The neck not the spout. If that makes sense. What Should I do?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Leaky PVC thread [ 1 Answers ]

I filled my hot tub yesterday only to find out I have a leak where the PVC inlet to the water pump meet. The PVC pipe snugs up against the pump intake. The PVC has a threaded cap that fits over the pump threads. I used teflon tape and some plumbers putty to try and seal the threads but no luck. The...

Leaky outside faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I just noticed that my faucet outside doesn't work right. When I turn the faucet on, I get water leaking BEHIND the faucet outlet when connected to a hose or cover the end of the faucet with my hand. When there is nothing restricting flow, the water leaves the end of the spigot just fine. When...

View more questions Search