Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kktonix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 03:33 PM
    My Belly Button Peircing is infected. What do I do?
    My bellybutton peircing has a big bump where it was originally peirced and the barbell it NEXT to the bump now. Very crooked. I am pretty sure its infected. What can I do about the bump and infection and is there any way I can get it back like straight?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to correct migration (other than taking it out and letting it heal, and getting it re-pierced), and migration can also lead to rejection if you are not careful. To reduce this migration, use a larger gauge (such as a 12), because smaller gauge jewelry is more prone to migration in the navel area.

If the bump is being caused by infection, the only way to get rid of it is to treat the infection. I know you told me you already visited the doctor, try again with that doctor or get a second opinion.

In the meantime, put a warm compress on the piercing for 10 minutes twice a day. This should reduce the size of the bump (but not take it away entirely), reduce swelling and soothe it a little. If you are experiencing swelling, you can also take some Ibuprofen to reduce it.
    briza22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 03:52 AM
    I have my belly done, and its only been almost 2 weeks. My belly skin was thick and she had prblems gtin it through so when it heals, I needa get a bigger bar. Consider that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing, infected or not? [ 23 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced about 3 weeks ago now and in the last few days it's developed a red rash ring right round my belly button just underneath my top bar. Does this mean it's infected? Any tips on clearing it up because it kind of burns lol.

Possible infected belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had my belly button pierced Feb. 17 and have been cleaning like I'm supposed to. Some days are sorer than others when it gets bumped or when I bend over. I noticed today that it is a little red around the area but no puss or fluids. Does this mean it is getting infected or is it just a...

Is my belly button infected [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced last year in October everything was going fine I was cleaning it regularly but now I changed it and it hurts when I touch what are the chances of it being infected. What should I do before it gets worse if it is infected

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

I think my belly button is infected [ 2 Answers ]

I got my belly botton pierced and it is red and hard and it hurts when ever I touch It plus pus comes out:( Is it infected?? :eek:

View more questions Search