Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Dear Firm Believer..
    I really don't know how long this Question been or even if you will read it..
    Any way, I like to let you know that in the Christine community, there is a welcome for any question any one have.. And I like you to know that some of us even study the Islam and know the Qura'an too.. I myself do.. And to answer your question.. I can't say yes, but I will give you as close as I can to an answer..
    If you like to read the Bible, which I advice every one to read, you will find some information about the last prophet as a great prophet will be coming, also he been called the greater than John the Baptist himself, and you know that Jesus was the cousin of John, where John's father is Zakaria"The prophet" and the Holy Mother Mary, was brought up in the very same house.. Even in the Torah and the Haftarot, it did talk about the prophet.
    You may read Luke, and in mark, and Daniel too, but I will advice you to read the Aramaic copy.. Let's just say, it have more information for what the other new King James and others have.. Not saying they are wrong, NO,, I just know what are you looking for and I think if you want to learn, you may want to read out there first..
    The most problem we having over the way people trying to explain things is the same issue that you Muslims are having when you teach the Qra'an, Every one is trying to explain what he or she understood.. That is one way to say it...
    But I can't say that it is Mohammed the son of Abdulah of Makah.. I really can't tell you that.. You need first to understand why Christianity is like what it is today.. The way Christians see things is a little different than the way you Muslims see it... Because the Christians believe in the death of Jesus on the Cross, where you don't, Also the mater of the Trinity, you don't see it or understand it the we Christens do.. Even thou, It's very smeller story the one you teach, and even thou you believe in Jesus as the Savior to our world, and even thou you know and teach that He is coming back to free us and fight the final boatel.. But some differences make the Christianity don't agree with the way Muslims see things..
    But my friend, I want you to know that for the most of us, and I mean for the ones whom do the Lord's work, and the some that did read the Islamic teachings.. We respect and always welcome any question you may have...
    I learnt quite a little about your faith, and I thing it's very close to mine and to many people that study the Bible and understand it.. So please, don't make a wrong ideas to miss lead you.. We would love to talk to you and answer your questions..
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Why your answer is directed to me I cannot say. The prophet who was to come who was greater than John the Baptist is Jesus we have no need of other prophets even though there have been many and quite an number of them false, such as Muhhamud who led his followers into battle, quite the antithesis of the way Jesus proposed. Tell me, are we expected to think God is confused, on the one hand teaching peace and salvation on the other death and destruction. The Muslims have been misled by a false prophet, there can be no doubt

Feb 21, 2009, 05:54 AM
    Dear Sir/Ma'am...
    Thank you for your replay, But I like to add...
    I answered a question..
    And I will ask you if you ever seen the Bernaba Bible? Or have you ever seen or read the Bible in Aramaic... If you did, I think you will have the answers you my not like... If I answered any question I answer 'em from what I have studied and seen, and I'm sure you don't say I'm misleading any one, and I like to point to you, that you claimed that Jesus Christ is a profit, I think you more less have the Muslim's ideas about that part..
    Jesus in our believe is not a prophet, unless you see it that way, and my quote was not directed to you...
    I will ask you to read before you answer.. I done my homework.. I really don't take any one asking me if I believe that God is confused, and by the way, In the country where I live, Christians and Muslims live together and have respect and understanding to each others.. I will never say a bad word about them, as long as they don't show any bad doing toured us... I don't know where you from, But I've been around and lived in many places including the US.. And I saw the way people think and they talk about others,,
    I like you to know that if Mohammed was or was not what the Muslim claim him to be.. He is a very respectful person out here.. And if you like to know more, The Muslims will never say any bad about Christianity or the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.. I know for sure that the Muslims do believe in him in a different way than we do, and they have all love for our kind... May be we need to stop listening to all that poison that some try to make us believe...
    I will stand and respond for my believes and what I learned... If some information is not in the version of the book ( Bible ) you have.. I will ask you to find other versions and read maybe then we all can live in peace and stop calling each other names that no need to call... If like to believe what you do already do.. I wish you the best luck.. You are a senior member here and I'm not.. But I will stand for what I believe like you will..
    Peace..
    Sam

Feb 21, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    why your answer is directed to me I cannot say. The prophet who was to come who was greater than John the Baptist is Jesus we have no need of other prophets even though there have been many and quite an number of them false,, such as Muhhamud who led his followers into battle, quite the antithesis of the way Jesus proposed. Tell me, are we expected to think God is confused, on the one hand teaching peace and salvation on the other death and destruction. The Muslims have been misled by a false prophet, there can be no doubt
    One more add to my statement..
    I never claimed that Mohammed is a prophet, nor I did say he is in the Bible..
    Please don't put words in my mouth.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Sam
    Jesus was a prophet, this does not invalidate the teaching and the fact that he was also much more, Messiah, Saviour, Lord, glorified by the Father. But Jesus was also an eternal being long before he manifested in the flesh, The Lamb of God slain before the beginning of the world. To relegate him to the standing of being a prophet only and a lesser prophet to a desert mad man is to completely disrespect everything Christianity stands for. Don't tell me Muslims respect you, they tolerate you. I have been in places where Muslims dominate so I understand that on a day to day basis there can be peace between religions even in an Islamic country, this doesn't mean they don't see you as second class. Muhhamud did not die for his followers therefore on that ground alone he cannot claim to be greater than Jesus.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Sam
    Jesus was a prophet, this does not invalidate the teaching and the fact that he was also much more, Messiah, Saviour, Lord, glorified by the Father. But Jesus was also an eternal being long before he manifested in the flesh, The Lamb of God slain before the beginning of the world. To relegate him to the standing of being a prophet only and a lesser prophet to a desert mad man is to completely disrespect everything Christianity stands for. Don't tell me Muslims respect you, they tolerate you. I have been in places where Muslims dominate so I understand that on a day to day basis there can be peace between religions even in an Islamic country, this doesn't mean they don't see you as second class. Muhhamud did not die for his followers therefore on that ground alone he cannot claim to be greater than Jesus.
    WOW! Excellent post... politically incorrect of course but truth is always truth even if it isn't a popular thought. :)
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 08:22 PM
    paraclete,
    Glad to see you here.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible question [ 119 Answers ]

:) Hello everyone, I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things? Thanks, Happyperson

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search