Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelic_voice Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Sep 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
    I want to be a dancer, but , I don't know where to start
    Hey, I'm new on here, I'm 18 and I have a passion for dancing. I do hiphop, but I'm also caucasian.I want to go big with my dancing, when I dance, everything else disappears. If you have any suggestions on hepling me become a professional dancer, I would really appreciate it!:)
    pookiebear32 Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Jan 20, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Well, from who I know I'd try and get good at other types of dance- I'd probably start with jazz and ballet or you can try modern (you can take hip-hop and those other types of dance). I know it sounds weird to stray from your type of dance, but what this does is it improves posture and possibly the awareness of movement. Then once you've had sufficient training you can go back to only hip-hop and your movement should be different but fresh (people will look at you and you'll stand out). Try finding auditions or dance events where you could gain some reputation. Then, people should start asking you to join their group if you're a well-respected dancer and eventually you will become a professional. :)
    doglover92 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Jan 25, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Hello I'm a 15 year old and I danced since I was 7, my suggestion to you is start with an easy dance such as ballet or modern, after you do a couple years of that then try to move on to hip-hop and jazz. Right now I am in my 2 year of high school and I am just finishing a dance course, we did modern, ballet and jazz. I love to dance and above is my suggestion. If you want any more advice about dance or high school, please ask me.
    jjdqueen Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2008, 05:38 PM
    :) I think it's great you know hip hop, but maybe you could learn someother types. I would also try out for any dance classes you could get. The dance class might not always be your style, but you might like it after all. I would also watch some dance shows like the best dance crew which is really good and is hip hop. It also shows how you mix things up such as one crew had to do moves upside down and it worked out. So first start with more lessons and move up. Even if it is a small dance class take and then more people will want you to be in there dance class.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
    I know that your question is somewhat dated now, but just wanted to add that I do agree with the above persons concerning lessons and learning simple types of dances first and then progressing to harder ones. You also might try imitating people that you know are good dancers while you watch them on the t.v. That would be a form of practicing if you did that. Depending on what capabilities that you might have for channels to receive on your t.v. there might even be a dance class that happens on one of the channels.
    biki111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 12:58 AM
    You better learn it if you want to become one. Dancing need time and guidance. Once you learn it, then you can watch the video about dancing. Video will help you in learning dancing better. You will find some of those videos in the video sharing sites like Think Got Talent
    doglover92 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Mar 8, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_voice
    hey, i'm new on here, im 18 and i have a passion for dancing. i do hiphop, but im also caucasian.i want to go big with my dancing, when i dance, everything else disappears. if you have any suggestions on hepling me become a professional dancer, i would really appreciate it!:)
    Hello I would keep going with the hip-hop and if there are any other types of other dances that you are interested in, start classes for them. I am a passionate dancer to so maybe we could talk about our dancing experiences or anything else about dance. I am here to talk to if you want. Good Luck
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Mar 11, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Hey there lil' dancer. I hope you stay with dance!! It was and will always be my passion. Have you applied to any dance schools? You should really consider that for sure. And yes, ballet is your base of all dance. It also provides for great strengthening and lengthening of muscles. As you probably already know, you work many different muscles in dance than you do any other form of exercise. (In your legs of course.) Anyway, there are many many schools and types of schools to get you more into dance. You'll also find more networking strategies that way, not that this is a bad way at all. (Email anytime if you wish). Most of all, DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DREAM. There's a line from flashdance that is very powerful... You give up your dream, you die. Of course not literally. You just wouldn't want to have any regrets and/or be unhappy. Also, DON'T DO DRUGS. Of course they're not only bad for you and WILL kill you, they will throw you off track and prevent you from achieving that dream. GO FOR IT!! You're way too young not to.

Good Luck!

Former teacher, choreographer, and performer.<<------ May be again.
    smasayo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 12:01 PM
    I agree dance schools. I think it is a must. They can get more info for you too. Not that ballet should be considered as an easy dance. But big time dancers where they are hip hop modern jazz anything. The ones that are truly amazing took ballet. It is the foundation of all dancing. It teaches you the correct technique and then once you have that you can tweak it with everything else. I danced for 13 years and taught for two. I say definitely get in a dance school take ballet and jazz. Those two are the most important and basic. And then you can find local auditions and work your way up, also maybe make a portfolio of all the dancing you have done. Like a resume. Good luck
    johngro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Me 2 I really want to be a dancer I can't find anywhere to go.
    hotztuff20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Hi! I'm from philippines.. maybe when you start your priorities to become a great dancer or proffetional dancer.. I think you need organized your own dances group..
    misschristo17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
    I want to be a good dancer to but its to late for me I'm 18 and.I am a beginner :( so I suck
    LifeIsADance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Yeah , I've been doing Ballet for years now and I do hip hop so ts not quite easy one you dance it.There are a lot of danicng schools in all reagions most of them are on ballet but thanks I appreciate your help
    lola2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Hi did you do dance at your school for one of your options

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I like this guy he likes m but don't know how to start [ 7 Answers ]

Well I really like this guy and he really likes me but we are really shy and don't like to talk that much. I want him to come and talk to me but he just won't. His friends have to come and talk to me which I think is DUMB! What should I do! Help me

To be a Exotic Dancer. [ 17 Answers ]

I was just wondering what's it like to be a Exotic Dancer? I use to think about doing it but I guess I'm scared. :confused:

Honda crx don't want to start [ 33 Answers ]

Hi can eny 1 help me with this problem I have honda civic crx 92 D16A9 some time don't want to start when it don't want to start I don't hear the fuel pump don't matter if its cold or hot.I leave it some time it works Main Relay 100% OK I tested it.ignition switch is new.

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search