Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsw8848 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Flash does not work on my index page
    I have been designing a website using dreamweaver which incorporates flash.

When I view the site in preview everything works perfectly. I have uploaded to the server and the flash works perfectly on some pages but not on the index page where it doesn't show at all.

I have tried changing another page where it works to the index page but the same problem happens, i.e. the flash will not show or work on the INDEX page alone. What if anything am I missing? I assume that as it works on some pages but not on the index page the problem is an HTML issue, am I wrong?

Help please this has taken days to get me to the jumping out of the window stage.

Tom Wilson
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Sep 28, 2007, 07:28 AM
    If you are using 3rd party for hosting they may have something that blocks flash on the index page, check with them before you try any of my suggestions.

You can try using an IFrame on the index page and setting the src attribute to another HTML file that has the flash in it... this is an ugly solution though.
    Another idea would be to use JavaScript to write out the HTML code for the flash using document.write. This method should also get rid of the annoying "Click to activate and use this control" message.

Oct 1, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Thanks for that - I tried the first solution but it is okay.

The third thing you suggest appeals to me would you mind explaining the process to make this work. It sound good.
    Thanks
    T
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Oct 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
    You would have something like this...
    Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    <h1>Hello World</h1>
    <script>
      document.write("....put the html for your flash object in here....");
      document.write("....put the html for your flash object in here....");
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>

Oct 1, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Thank you I will try that and let you know how successful I am.
    T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Macromedia flash does not work in IE7? [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot get macromedia flash to download and install properly it seems to install fine but does not work. Thanks bb :confused:

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Usb flash drive doesn't work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kingston flash drive. When I plug in the usb drive my computer detects it but when I click at the drive to open it I get an error Please insert disk into drive H.

Home page --> res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 [ 4 Answers ]

I downloaded Spybot and got rid of various spy stuff. I had the DSO Exploit thingy and fixed it according to alicka. However, my original problem exists:  My home page gets reset to res://qsryz.dll/index.html#37049 every time I leave the internet.   What is this and how do I get rid of it?...

View more questions Search