Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1237 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Know my career,my fathers health and my moms health
    Hi, I am sonal,studying in t.y.bsc in microbiology. Usually attending college is like a burden for me,I fear a lot in public attention,sometimes even start shivering while giving presentations,due to fear I can't even concentrate in my studies and get poor marks even ,I don't feel like going to college and negative thoughts make my life uncomfortable for me.So the problem I have now is the teacher has warned us that a student will not be able to sit for the main final exams of t.y.bsc if there is poor performance in semesters and attendance.My question is whether I'll be able to sit for these final exams and will I get good marks? And another problem I have is regarding my father and mothers health, my father has been hospitalized for haemorrhagic viral fever, he has continuous cough due to asthama, so will he be all right and when. MY mom is also unwell,she has kidney stone problem,and since three days she has fever with chills,will she be fine. Can you tell me why have these problems arrived together at the same time and what is its solution and when will it get over. Please reply .my date of birth is 07/09/1987. Time is 6;50 pm and birth place is borivli in mumbai which is in india.

Sep 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Problem I have is regarding my father and mothers health, my father has been hospitalized for haemorrhagic viral fever, he has continuous cough due to asthama, so will he be all right and when. MY mom is also unwell,she has kidney stone problem,and since three days she has fever with chills,will she be fine. Can you tell me why have these problems arrived together at the same time and what is its solution and when will it get over. Please reply .my date of birth is 07/09/1987. Time is 6;50 pm and birth place is borivli in mumbai which is in india.[/QUOTE]

Sep 21, 2007, 08:56 PM
    What is haemosshagic viral fever
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Just a word of advise,
    No one can foretell the future or what may or may not happen or if when on will recover from an illness.Or your career.

I am sorry to hear your father and mother is ill.
    What do the doctors say?Are they getting better or worse according to their tests?
    There is viral fever in Asia in the recent months.
    Viral haemorrhagic fever

But I do think a member here maybe able to help you with the self esteem problem,wait around or check this thread later as most members come online a little later.

About sitting for final exam, study hard and try practising with past papers.Work harder on the subjects you think you are weak in.

-------------------------------
    nixon1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Anxiety, social or general, is very common and can be triggered or exaggerated by stressful situations. You're not alone, especially with fear of public speaking. Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now. Some of which you can control and some you can't. Take care of yourself first. Getting enough sleep and doing any type of cardio exercise will help to relieve some of your stress without having to figure out a definite solution to all your problems. Also vitamin b12 is a miracle cure for anxiety and depression. As far as school is concerned, do you feel like you're doing the best you can? If no why not? Instead of asking yourself "will I" ask yourself "how will I". If your fear is to intense to manage your classes you should see a doctor. Mabey a diagnosis of an anxiety disorder will offer you some slack, from your teachers as well as yourself. It is an illness like any other and it's not your fault. Obviously you want to do well or you wouldn't care. Try to focus on your ultimate goal when you get stressed in class or don't want to go. Believe me challenging yourself by doing something difficult will make you feel better about yourself in the long run. As for the things out of your control like the health of your parents, the best thing you can do is listen and support. If you can talk with their doctors personally you'll have a better understanding of what's going on with them and how to help support them, no matter what the future holds. I lost my father very suddenly in June, six weeks after being diagnosed with cancer he passed away. He was in his 40's and in general good health. My point is you never know what's going to happen and can't always be ready even if you did. Best of luck to you and your family. Hang in there and don't give up hope!

Sep 21, 2007, 11:50 PM
    I received your mail and thanks for your support and healing words.well right now he has been discharged from the icu and he has no fever for 4 days,but doctors say that platelet count is a little bit high which will take some time to recover.but only the problem is that he has asthama,so he coughs regularly,he can't eat as he feels like vomiting.I want to ask whether haemmorhagic fever now has been cured and now will he be fine and is vhf infectious and can it spread to other people by cough
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 22, 2007, 01:04 AM
    Hi... Am sorry to hear that your dad & mom are not feeling well... wish them fast recovery... my dear you need to take easy... do not be harsh on yourself... what's happening is part of life... none will have continuous happy life problems , sickness... etc should happen from time to time otherwise we are living in heaven!! You need to be strong at least to support your parents in their illness... You are not alone... everyone of us has his/her own problems... take me for example... since almost a year now am looking for a proper job but I could not find one... last year I have lost my job, I break up with my boyfriend, I discovered that most of the people around me whom they pretended to be friends of mine they turn me down when I needed their support... my parents are always sick HBP, Heart , ulcer, diabetics... an sick too... etc but I am strong I believe that GOD is testing my faith and everything will be OK at the end... you should know that whatever happen happens for the best... Now regarding your problem at university... I can not find a reason for being so shy that it effects your performance... what are you afraid of?? That you sound stupid or making a mistake?? so what nobody is perfect and you won't learn till you do mistakes! If you are afraid of failure then you should put all the negative feelings you feel behind your back and move forward... at least for the sake of your parents...

Be strong... nothing worth it...

Ms. Redrose
    nixon1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Ask as many questions as you can think of. Know their health care providers enough to know if your comfortable and trust their treatment. If my my family knew then what we know now things may have been different for us. My father had pain in his hip and was being treated for over a year for what they said was a form of arthritis. It wasn't. It was a rare form of bone cancer and by the time they found it it was to late. I urge you to find out as much as you can about your fathers condition. One of the last things my father told me was never hesitate to seek a second opinion or voice even the slightest concern with your doctors. It can save your life or the life of someone you love. I am not trying to scare you by writing this. I am only trying to pass on what could be life saving info and encourage you to be active in your fathers care. It's one thing to ask for online advice, but I wouldn't put too much into any medical opinion I got off the internet. That's what we pay dr.'s the big bucks for. If you have a good doc they will be more then happy to explain anything you're unsure of. There are no dumb questions when it comes to your health. Not seeking the answers is the only thing that should make you feel foolish.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 22, 2007, 01:09 AM
    One more thing I forgot to tell you about... I understand your worries regarding your study & parents try to translate your fear and negative thoughts to positive ones by taking care of your parents... study & concentrate in your studies...

Ms. Redrose

Sep 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Its been one week since my dad came from the hospital, though he is still weak and will require a lot of time to recover,AFTER the day he came from hospital the next day my mom was admitted in the hospital for kidney stone problem.So I did not go to the college for one week as I had to take care of my dad and was quite worried and depressed.Now my mom is discharged from the hospital and doctors have told to do operation after one month to remove the stones,but she is not ready and is not willing to do.morever doctors told her to take injections and medicines for 10 days from the hospital,but she is not doing that.she is taking ayurvedic medicenes for that.So should she do operation or continue taking ayurvedic medicines.And as I have neglected my studies for one month I am really scared to give the exams as I have just started studying now,and my exams are starting on 15th October.in these 14 days it is impossible to concentrate and study and grasp in such a little time with so much happening in my house regarding my parents health,so please tell me and guide me as to how must I plan my studies in such a little time.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1237
    Its been one week since my dad came from the hospital, though he is still weak and will require a lot of time to recover,AFTER the day he came from hospital the next day my mom was admitted in the hospital for kidney stone problem.So i did not go to the college for one week as i had to take care of my dad and was quite worried and depressed.Now my mom is discharged from the hospital and doctors have told to do operation after one month to remove the stones,but she is not ready and is not willing to do.morever doctors told her to take injections and medicines for 10 days from the hospital,but she is not doing that.she is taking ayurvedic medicenes for that.So should she do operation or continue taking ayurvedic medicines.And as i have neglected my studies for one month iam really scared to give the exams as i have just started studying now,and my exams are starting on 15th october.in these 14 days it is impossible to concentrate and study and grasp in such a little time with so much happening in my house regarding my parents health,so please tell me and guide me as to how must i plan my studies in such a little time.
    Could you not contact the admin of your college and describe your situation?
    They maybe able to find an alternative for you regarding the exams.

About your mom, is there anyone in your family whom she will listen to?
    If not,
    Tell her doctor the risk she is taking by not doing as prescribed.Maybe the doctor could make her understand the seriousness of her situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health [ 3 Answers ]

Question: Is it possible to get HIV/AIDs through saliva? Why or why not?

Flying Fighter Planes - Moms pressuring me to pick a career [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. My mom has been pressuring me to pick a career already, and I know I'm not going to pick anytime soon, but I thought I would ask a question about one of the things I'm thinking about. Ok... I would love to fly a fighter plane for the army. Now the question is, what do I have to...

Health [ 2 Answers ]

I have these following symptoms overwieght, unable to conceive, heavy periods, missed periods. I have had blood tests and urinaliysis done that resulted normal I lost 30 lbs. and My periods became regular but still have other symptoms plus gained the weight back is it possible that I could have...

My health [ 2 Answers ]

Is hydroquinone good for women and what r the side feects for Corticosteroid? Please answer me!:confused:

Health [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV last year. I am really concerned that I might have vaginal cancer. I show all signs of having this type of cancer, but I don't know. I am experiencing other symptoms as well, such as my hair is coming out every time I brush my hair. Sometimes I am full of enegy and at other...

View more questions Search